Wyatt’s mag box

Sevy

Anybody ever put a MBE-12 box in a Weatherby vanguard? I'm currently using AICS mags with a coal max of 3.615 ish for my 300 win mag. Rebarreling soon and hoping to throat it long to get the 225 Eldm out where it needs to be with the top of the boat tail at the bottom of the neck or close. I emailed Wyatt's and they said they have never tried but that was it. The gun smith that will be doing the work said he doesn't know if it will work or not. He will just have to try. Figured I would ask before he tries and see if I need to just go a different route.

Anybody ever put a MBE-12 box in a Weatherby vanguard? I'm currently using AICS mags with a coal max of 3.615 ish for my 300 win mag. Rebarreling soon and hoping to throat it long to get the 225 Eldm out where it needs to be with the top of the boat tail at the bottom of the neck or close. I emailed Wyatt's and they said they have never tried but that was it. The gun smith that will be doing the work said he doesn't know if it will work or not. He will just have to try. Figured I would ask before he tries and see if I need to just go a different route.
A mate just put my old Remington 700 mag box in his vanguard.
Not sure there's enough length in the action to go much longer but not expensive to find out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.