WY draw results

You are correct, it isn't that hard, but it is not a guaranteed draw, as we drew with zero points. it would be a lot easier if they gave more than just 2 choices on the app. But many units have had more demand than cow/calf tags available. We are hoping to learn the unit this year and build points for a general tag likely next year. Still may try to find an outfitter for a back country hunt next year on a general tag. We applied in CO this year also as backup.
Thats our plan kinda. If we dont draw in WY we're gonna otc CO elk . But the problem there is the area's that seem decent are private property or Wilderness Areas requiring a guide. And that sucks. You can be a complete moron if you live in the state and hunt in the Wilderness Areas. Its all about $$.

I drew a late season unit 51 cow tag using one point. Two years ago I had a bull tag for the same area and used up 10 points. A few grizzily bears in this area as well as many wolves. I usually carry a can or two of pepper spray as the bears don't den up November 1 like their supposed to. Some big bucks migrate thru this area heading east and my hunting group has taken 6 4X4 or larger bucks using the region F tag before they changed the season end date.