Wy. antelope gear list help

Have a couple medium size coolers with ice in them. Skin and quarter the animal pretty much as soon as you get it down, regardless of the outside temp. Loins, tenderloins and quarters will all fit in one cooler.

I have everything on that list except the spotting scope. How vital is it? I have good bino's and scope will be 16 or 18x depending on rifle used.

If this is a hunt for a good buck I would tell you that the spotting scope is important. It will save you time only going after worthy bucks. You don't want to be using a rifle mounted scope for sIt's a safety issue.
I would find out about game care if you are with an outfitter. It is absolutely imperative that you gut and skin the antelope as soon as it's killed. And get it cooled . It's the difference between awesome meat and terrible meat. There is imho no wiggle room with antelope. If you need further tips on equipment just ask. Antelope in Wyoming is awesome.

100% agree with the spotting scope comments. If you're just going for a nice goat, you can probably get away with just some good binos. If you want to break 80" as compared to taking one say in the 75" range a good spotting scope is a necessity to make a good decision on one IMHO.

Look for ones like this if you want to break 80". The one in the closeup my buddy got in 2014 made the all time B&C Book at 84 4/8" and last year the other one was between 81" and 82" (cant remember the exact fraction).

Attachments

• Wyoming 2014 096.jpg
    Wyoming 2014 096.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 124
  • P1020468.jpg
    P1020468.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 118
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.