2018 WY Antelope

ml111trt

Here is my 2018 Wyoming Antelope, 300 yd shot. Managed to nail a coyote at 750 yds and cow elk 400 yds same trip.
IMG_9370.JPG

Nice antelope. Now tell us about the rifle/cartridge used to make those shots.
Rifle started as a Remington Sendaro I bought when I was 14, 22 years ago. Bedded, Tubbs firing pin, Still 300WM and it now wears a Brux barrel since the factory one wore out years ago. 980 rounds down this tube. 208 A Max doing 2960 fps over H1000 lit by F215M primers in Nosler brass. It has taken numerous elk from 500-1040 yds, along with deer, antelope, coyotes, and rock chucks. Scope is Sightron SIII 6-24.

Would this state be a good starting point for a beginner from TX? Looking for an prong hunt for just me bc no one wants to hunt them that I know. Just looking for a place to go to have just a chance at a shot. and not spend an arm and leg to have a chance for a shot at one.

Would this state be a good starting point for a beginner from TX? Looking for an prong hunt for just me bc no one wants to hunt them that I know. Just looking for a place to go to have just a chance at a shot. and not spend an arm and leg to have a chance for a shot at one.
Wy. is the antelope capital of the U.S..Easiest to draw. Easy to get doe tags. You will get hooked on lopers.

You can not get tags over the counter? For does?
Buck tags are a draw. Doe tags you can apply for in the draw for areas you want or wait until after the draw for leftovers if there are any. Last year way less than 2017. You usually need some points to draw a buck tag. There are many areas. Don't apply on the east side. Mostly private. That's why it's easy to draw a tag there. Go on website and look at the draw odds for the areas. The ones that take the most points are because they are better areas. There are hunts from August through Nov.. rifle is Sept. To Nov. depending on area. Different dates. Its been years since getting a doe tag over the counter. You can apply for points from July through Oct. 31st. If you apply for a buck area and don't draw your first choice you will get a point. Check out their website. Deadline for Draw is 5/31. Two days...

I am a resident, but my cousin, my wife, my niece, and myself all get 3 tags each year for pronghorn, 2 does and a buck. We have some contacts on the east side of the state that let us hunt private for free, so our first choice tags are on the west side of the state with better goats, but if we don't draw our first choice, we always draw our second choice tag in the mid eastern area. not as many bigger bucks, but you will kill something. We always draw both our doe tags on the west side of the state. It is very addicting.

I am a resident, but my cousin, my wife, my niece, and myself all get 3 tags each year for pronghorn, 2 does and a buck. We have some contacts on the east side of the state that let us hunt private for free, so our first choice tags are on the west side of the state with better goats, but if we don't draw our first choice, we always draw our second choice tag in the mid eastern area. not as many bigger bucks, but you will kill something. We always draw both our doe tags on the west side of the state. It is very addicting.
Thanks for info. Lots to think about and do for this type of hunt.

Thank you for your help.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.