Wv 1 year old Whitetail

Seeing the fox, reminds me of me neighbors when I was little. I had to sit quietly behind him, but right before dark, we would sit in chairs behind his house and he would whistle and squeak with his mouth. A momma and daddy grey fox would peer out of the woods shortly after, just showing their face. They would slowly enter his yard and walk right over to him and he would feed them by hand and pet them. Following behind would be a bunch of kits. They would come for food and for play. It was a great experience. Later on he had several families coming each night and some were red fox. I still see foxes back there from time to time, but Mr. Haggard died over 40 years ago, so there has not been the human interaction with them in a long time.

Several years ago I had a gentleman call me freaking out about a red Fox that had come into his garage through the cat door and was sitting on the step in front of the door going into his house.
The Fox wouldn't move, he would just look at him.
The gentleman wanted me to come remove it. So I told him I would be there shortly, grabbed my welding gloves and a pet taxi.
I get there and go into the garage and there sits the Fox wagging the end of his tail, not a care in world. I walked up and started petting him and when I sat down beside him he crawled in my lap.
I picked him up, sat him in the passenger seat and we were good friends for the next 5 years 😁

Yea, the fox are pretty cool to have around.

Attachments

• 20200805_185207.jpg
    20200805_185207.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
Our neighbors have 2 pet foxes. One black and one white. They are freaking adorable but I have caught both of them in coyote snares because they escape their house pretty regularly