• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT Bartlein 3b .30 cal, 5r, 10 twist for #4 .338

benchracer

I have a fluted stainless Bartlein 3b contour, 5r, 10 twist .30 cal barrel (unthreaded/unchambered) that I would like to trade for an unthreaded/unchambered 9 twist (5r preferred, but not a deal breaker) .338, stainless or chrome moly, fluted or unfluted. I would accept a Bartlein 3b, Krieger #4 or #5, Brux #4 or #5, or Rock Creek #4 or #5.

I will post pics as soon as I can.

This offer stands until Friday, 10/2, at which point the barrel will go to Gunbroker and the cash price will be considerably higher than the cost of a straight across trade.

I have a Krieger, #4.5 contour, chromoly, 6 groove, 9.35" twist.

If the blank is at least 27" long, I would be interested in such a trade( I couldn't find the dimensions for the 4.5 contour on Krieger's site).

The blank is 27" long. A 4.5 contour has the neck diameter of a #5 and the muzzle diameter of a #4. They don't list them as standard contours.

Was your barrel fluted by Bartlein?

The blank is 27" long. A 4.5 contour has the neck diameter of a #5 and the muzzle diameter of a #4. They don't list them as standard contours.

Was your barrel fluted by Bartlein?

Yes. I ordered it that way.

I couldn't get the pics to come out the way I wanted on my phone. The battery for my camera is charging. I will get pics up, or sent to you, as soon as I can. If there is anything specific you want to see, please let me know.

I don't need a picture unless there is something unusual about it. Does it have 6 flutes that are .050" deep? Is it a .300 bore and a .308 groove? Do the flutes start at 6.5" from the breech end and stop at 24" ?

Six flutes. Standard Bartlein flutes. Nothing special. I haven't measured the depth, but .050" is what Bartlein says they are for a 3b contour barrel. Fluting starts right at 6" from the breech face and ends approximately 3.1" from the muzzle of the blank (I checked that with my calipers).

Specs are etched into the breech face of the barrel. Has .300 engraved above .308, which I am guessing refers to bore/rifling dimensions. Below that is stamped a "10", which corresponds to the twist I ordered.