• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS - Ruger No.1 280 Rem

cafsman

Here is an opportunity to pick up another one of my duplicates with real low round count and again, very accurate. This is the Ruger No.1b chambered in 280 Remington (7mm Express) and is very difficult to find. This fine rifle has both excellent metal and beautifully patterned wood in stock and forearm. There are normal handling marks as would be expected for a gun that has seen some time in the field.
I bore sighted the rifle the throat shows minimal wear and the lands & grooves are strong and pronounced. I estimate less than 3 boxes of shells have been fired in this gun, and most were to punch paper. It is an excellent all around rifle for any game size animal ranging from coyote all the way up to moose with proper loads.

The 280 Remington is based on the more popular 30/06 cartridge case and very similar to a earlier wildcat cartridge 7mm/06. Remington began producing the .280 Remington in 1957, later changing the name of the cartridge to the 7mm Express Remington in 1979.

Best group with 100 grain Sierra HP over 56 grains of H4350 was .87 with a MV of 3162 fps. This is ideal for woodchuck, coyotes, deer, etc when slight winds are a menace. I like using H4350 and if you want a load for elk or moose try the 168 grain Sierra HPBT over 50 grains of H4350. Best group size was .63 and MV was 2580 fps.

Rifle as shown without rings originally offered at $995 is now offered at $900 to first "I'll take it". These are very uncommon rifles in Ruger No.1 and highly desired by collector and hunter alike! I will consider trades for other Ruger No.1 rifles of comparable value or a Marlin Model 90 O/U .410.

1b280Rem133-529xxb.jpg

1b280Rem133-529xxc.jpg

1b280Rem133-529xxe.jpg

1b280Rem133-529xxg.jpg

Email me at ruger1vprodigy.net or PM me for more details. This may be offered on other forums as well.

Again, this is a discontinued model and here is some of closest information on the rifle's specifications as published by Ruger:

Caliber: .280 Remington
Capacity: 1 Round
Finish: Blued
Stock: American Walnut
Barrel Length: 26"
Groove: 6
Twist: 1:10" RH
Overall Length: 42 1/2"
Weight: 8 1/4 lbs
California Approved: N/A
Massachusetts Approved: N/A
Front Sight(s): Blade
Rear Sight(s): Adjustable
Other Features: Sliding Tang Safety
Miscellaneous: Discontinued Model

Last edited:
Great Long Range Caliber

Flat shooting, hard hitting and felt recoil is minimal. A very underrated caliber.

Is this no. 1 still for sale. Please message as soon as possible very interested!

Recent Posts