• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS LH Savage Semi-custom 7WSM

Talus

This rifle is a Savage Model 16 Stainless action with a 7 WSM barrel from their Custom Shop. It has the Accu-trigger and Accu-stock. It was conceived as a long-range special and shoots very well. I'm selling because it's just too heavy for my hunting style at about 9.5 lbs. The barrel is a 26 inch magnum contour with a 1:9 right hand twist installed at the Savage Custom Shop. "Snakeskin" barrel design is from a local gunsmith. It has been Ultra Bore Coated.

I have carried this rifle and there are slight use marks.

Load data available. Prefers the 180 g VLD Hunter. Has only fired handloads. I've put 2 lbs of Ramshot Magnum and about .6 pounds of Reloader 25 through it. A pound of powder loads approx 100 rounds, so that's less than 300 rounds total.

The scope is an illuminated Minox and has also performed well. Mounts and 20 MOA rail are from Evolution Gun Works.

Comes with 8 pounds of brass, most unfired or fired once. Quite a bit of it is primed. A Forster Ultra Micrometer seating die set comes with the rifle. I shoot a COAL that works fine in the factory magazine. The shots on the steel gong below illustrate this load. It is equally accurate with Ramshot Magnum and Reloader 25.

Photos of the 500 yard steel gong were taken at Phoenix Road and Gun club a couple months ago. A friend of mine was with me if you need a witness. Photos show a 5 shot string with adjustments after the first two and the last three in 1.75 inches.

$1599 plus 1/2 freight to your FFL.