• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS - Custom 338/06AI

tdn

It pains me to see this one go, but it needs to be used more than I can right now.
Great rifle - balances and shoots great.
Here are the specs:

Action: Remington 78 Long Action (a 700 action w/ slightly different bolt/handle - same action/same performance/fitting/stock as 700)

Barrel: 22" Rem. Sporter contour in 338/06 Ackley Improved bored and smithed by the late Dick Nickel in Washington (amazing work!)

Stock: Remington 700 ADL factory stock, professionally glass bedded action and tang, custom paint job. New Rem Supercell recoil pad.

Trigger: Older Rem. 700 Factory trigger, professionally tuned to a crisp 2.85lbs.

The rifle has been fired only 311 times via my logbook. I have years of loading data that comes with the rifle, with documented MOA (or better) loads with 200, 210, and 225gr. bullets. (showed promise w/ 250gr. @ 1.5" with very little development). Great shooter all around.

Rifle comes with Redding 2 FL Die Set (w/ tapered expander), 40 count fireformed WW brass, and some miscellaneous bullets.

Scope: Burris FFII 2-7x35 (ballistic plex) - matte, glass is perfect.
Mounts: Talley Lightweights (lows)

Rifle/Scope Package: $670 OBO
Rifle/Dies (w/o scope and mounts): $520 OBO

Please email for pictures and with any further questions , I would be happy to answer them!

timnelson22 "at" gmail.com

Would consider shipping (add $25, FFL use etc.) but would prefer in Colorado (Denver metro) - either way, we can work something out.

Open to full or partial trades for Rem 700 SS long actions, or LA standard rifles, or Leupold 2-7, or 2.5-8x scopes.

Thanks for looking-

huntfish-

your domain is rejecting my emails - I'll try link to some pics:

P1010704.jpg

P1010705.jpg