• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS-Tooley 6.5-06AI

arthurj

Hey everyone,
Well same story as usual, I love this rifle but I'm too broke and I'm cleaning out the rifles and reloading stuff.
This gun was built by Dave Tooley and I just got it about a month and a half ago. It is in perfect condition, never hunted only went to the range for load development, so there really isn't a scratch on it.

6.5-06 AI
108 rounds
Trued Rem 700
Pacific Research/Borden Rimrock stock
Hart 23.5" fluted barrel 1-9 twist
Reworked Rem trigger
black cerakote on metal
black with OD green fleck stock color

Comes with Redding dies and 50 pieces of 2x fired brass
Talley bases and 1" rings

$2650 shipped
scope not included

This gun shoots awesome with H4350 and 120 ballistic tips at 3150. The last 4 or 5 3 shot groups were under .5 moa at 100. I spent the first 50 or so rounds trying to shoot the 100 tsx but it wouldnt do too much so I went to the ballistic tip and it is shooting great.
I've found that this bullet seated anywhere between .043" off to .005" off the lands shoots under a .5 MOA and, you may not care that much about this in a hunting rifle but the ES of the last 15-20 rounds was 8.
357krb9.jpg

30hxzqb.jpg

2ni2xpv.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice build, Good luck with the sale.
I already have a 6.5-06AI or I would be interested.

Thank you,
Yeah I love the gun and the caliber, but I've got a wedding coming up, ring payments etc so I'm going to have to let it go.

I guess I'll look desperate and reduce it to $2550, and I'll throw in 2 boxes of 120 ballistic tips

Last edited:

Recent Posts