• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wthby MarkV Deluxe 7mm German manufacture (trades added)

rocky_lange

Wthby MarkV Deluxe 7mm German manufacture

I hate to do it, but I am going to let go of my dad's rifle.
frown.gif
He bought it new before I was born, somewhere around 1965-67 he thinks. Had it semi custom ordered with iron sights and side scope mount. It is a well used rifle, but has always been used well. Many hunts, many animals taken, but the rifle is still in great shape. Some marks in the wood and some blems in the blueing.

Pics a few posts below

I am wanting to get $1200 shipped to FFL CONUS or $1150 FTF in Birmingham/Pelham, AL area.

Am now throwing in a Weatherby Premier scope, 3-9X 40, fine duplex reticle with the oblong "TV" viewfinder. Magnification ring is stiff and there are marks/nicks on the scope, but ITS FREE with purchase.

Also have 45 reloaded (Berger 140gr VLD hunting), 5 factory loaded rounds, 25 new unfired primed brass and 78 once fired brass. Full box (100) Berger 168gr VLD Match, 25 Berger 140gr VLD hunting, full box (50) plus 23 Nosler 160gr Partition, 32 Nosler 175gr Partition and 30 Nosler 150gr Partition. Older RCBS dies with light surface rust. New at MidwayUSA this would come close to $400. Separate I will sell for $300 AFTER the rifle sells. With the rifle, you can have it for an additional $200 shipped.

Trades:
CZ75 SP-01
Rem XR 100 in 22-250 or 308
30-06 depending on what it is
Maybe an AR
Rem 700 308 heavy barrel
K31 Swiss
Rem 700 or clone actions, short or long
or something cool and eclectic

All trades must be partial trades, I am in need of some cash.

Last edited:
Re: Wthby MarkV Deluxe 7mm German manufacture

Why would you sell your dad's rifle, especially one with so many memories?

Re: Wthby MarkV Deluxe 7mm German manufacture

Easy to answer.

1 - Don't really like my dad all that much.

2 - I had to buy it from him, not an heirloom.

3 - I liked the rifle at the time, but it just doesn't make sense for me to own. It doesn't fill any gaps in firepower for me. I have rifles in other calibers that I would use for hunting before this one.

4 - I am without a job at the moment and need to throw some ballast overboard to help stay afloat so to speak. Reasons 1 through 3 say this rifle goes first.

trades added

CZ 75 SP-01 9mm
Rem 700 Tactical .308
AR maybe
Possibly a 30-06

All trades must be partial only as I am in need of some cash.

Dude: Sorry to say, but a current Weatherby 7mm Rem Mag sells for $574 and will probably shoot equally well (they are built in Japan now, which is not going backwards from Germany).
14677.jpg

Weatherby Vanguard Sporter 7MMREM $574.00 SHIPS FREE

As much as you are in financial need, you seem way out of line compared to brand new warranted equipment.

Step things up to the guaranteed sub minute of angle version and one is still at $766 with free shipping.
Weatherby Vanguard SMOA 7MM $766.00 SHIPS FREE

Best wishes
Keith

That is a German Mark V which is worth more than the Japan versions Your price comp is for a Weatherby vangaurd not even close to the mark V

This may not be the best marketplace for that type of gun.

Dude: Sorry to say, but a current Weatherby 7mm Rem Mag sells for $574 and will probably shoot equally well (they are built in Japan now, which is not going backwards from Germany).
14677.jpg

Weatherby Vanguard Sporter 7MMREM $574.00 SHIPS FREE

As much as you are in financial need, you seem way out of line compared to brand new warranted equipment.

Step things up to the guaranteed sub minute of angle version and one is still at $766 with free shipping.
Weatherby Vanguard SMOA 7MM $766.00 SHIPS FREE

Best wishes
Keith

Umm yeah, quit shitting on other peoples threads.

The rifle you cited is not even close to a MarkV Deluxe as Tomg pointed out. Japan not being a step back from a German? Shows you how little you know of collector values. The German rifles bring anywhere from $2-500 more in value. So, my asking price is dead on for what the gun is worth. Yes, Tomg is right in that this thread is not the BEST marketplace for it, but there are many Weatherby fans on this site.

If you aren't making an offer, don't **** on others for sale threads.

Last edited:
Wow, rude response for comments on what you are competing against and you had better believe you are competing... Why do you think that rifle is no longer made in Germany ? I worked there for 3 years and "made in germany" does not mean much anymore. It is the Walmart/china/korea/malaysia discussion and as one can tell, 80% of people vote with their wallet. This is the same situation we face at work and in the marketplace. Best of luck finding that special buyer... and with the other issues and some anger management.