• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB/WTT Weatherby Vanguard/Howa 1500 stock

tankgijohn72

I have a weatherby vanguard 2 long action stock deer skulls pattern stock, standard taper barrel channel. Used in good condition. https://www.google.com/search?q=weatherby+vanguard+2+deer+skulls+rifle&biw=1490&bih=749&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIuO-774vNAhWESSYKHWaiCIMQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=h0JpC24rdWX0BM%3A . Im 6'2 and the length of pull is a little short for me. Measures about 13.25" Would be interested in trading for a Hogue, boyd or similar with a longer LOP, preferably 14.5 or so. If anyone is interested in trading or has one for sale let me know. I could add cash to my end of a trade if necessary. PM me. Thanks.

What I did on my Vanguard that was short for me also was removed the recoil pad, cut and shaped a piece of 1/2" plywood as a spacer, painted it just to seal it from the elements. Then fastened it in place of the recoil pad with the screws. I put on a slip on Limbsaver recoil pad to cover up the spacer and lengthen the length of pull. Also the limbsaver cuts down on the recoil a good bit. Just something to think about.

Thanks for the input. I tried a spacer, but the monte carlo cheek riser ends up in the wrong position for me when shooting prone. Stock works great from standing or seated position. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and get a straight comb stock.