• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB - Looking to buy a long range hunting rifle

Randy,

I built my last 20 practical on a Stevens 200 action, bought whole rifle.
(Non accutrigger savage)
Barrel was McGowen Prefit
PTG Go Guage (No no-go guage, use a piece of scotch tape)
Bell and Carlson stock
shoot 1/4" groups

Let me know if you need help.

Maybe 1000 in it

I can comment on dskiper's rifle. It will shoot. I have a Montour County 338 edge. I have a little more invested, but they are outstanding guns.

I'm going to throw a kink in this thread, I disagree with all the advise to build a custom rifle especially a savage part rifle for first long range gun. I have owned many Savage rifle's, all are very good for the dollar spent but as one that has built many rifles, it always cost more than first thought. It is very easy to spend a large amount on money in a build and if you decide to move on the dollar loss is huge. I would encourage you to buy an already built rifle, load and shoot and be sure of what you want. After some time and experience you can make a far better decision on a build job for that dream rifle. Half the fun of a build job is knowing what you want, dreaming and planing then see it all come together. Just my 2 cents! Rick

That sounds like something I might be interested in. Can you send me pics. To be honest, I don't understand all the gun metrics LOL

I want to thank all the members who contacted me reference my attempt to buy a long range rifle. I found a very nice rifle that I was about to purchase, really good deal and the seller was very helpfulness! Went to my wife to get the payment and found out that she was in the process of surprising me for Christmas. She got with a close friend of mine and Bought me something. According to my buddy, it's just what I was looking for., excited to see it. I just wanted to thank all the members for their help and the education. Glad I found this site!!!

I hope for your sake it is a Remington Long Range rifle in 300 Win Mag. $695 at karbela's