• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Wtb. Higher power scope for benchrest 22

Mt.Boy

Looking to buy a higher power scope for a rifle I bought for my daughter to shoot 22 benchrest. Preferably a variable power but would consider fixed power. Not looking for high end Nightforce or March she is only 11 and starting out. But good glass would be a help . Let me know what you got. Thanks.

If you're Ok with fixed power check out SWFA I believe they have 6,10,12 and 16 fixed power scopes for around 300 bucks probably the best bang for your buck you'll find for new scopes I have 4 of them and they are great for the price

Cameralandny.com has some good prices on Sightron right now.

Their S-Tac line is pretty solid from my experience. Probably hard to beat their prices on a brand new scope.

@gr8fuldoug might be able to chime in.

LINK-->

This one in particular caught my eye the other day:

To widen your search, here's my updated Scopes Specs Table for 6-24x scopes (and 5-30x, 4-20x, and similar).

Most are under $500, but there are some with 4-digit prices, usually higher quality glass and turrets.

You can compare all the specs side-by-side:
▪ Warranty and price
▪ Max. elevation adjustment and reticle type
▪ Weight and length
▪ Divided in SFP and FFP scopes
▪ Links to reticle footage or images at different magnifications
▪ and them some! 😊

🔺 All scopes have a minimum parallax of 10y (a few 15y).

🔺 All have holdoff reticles.

There are some brands that don't seem to be very well known on our forum here — but they have some pretty good offerings. Check it out.
The quality of the glass has dramatically improved over the past 10 years. Glass quality that used to cost well over $1000 can now be haved for half of that and less.

Happy scope shopping! 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachment:
Scope Specs Table: 6-24x | 5-30x | 4-20x | 5-25

Attachments

• SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf
    301.2 KB · Views: 27
Don't rule out a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56. I've shot NRL22 and NRL22x matches with mine you'll want a scope that will parallax down to very close too. Alotta scopes won't do that.

If that's not enough power look into this.

As an optics junkie I thought I'd chime in. I probably place too big an emphasis on my optics over the other equipment for shooting and hunting, but I know I'm not the only one.
I totally understand not wanting to break the bank in your situation……but remember, great glass doesn't wear out. For that reason, most of the higher end scopes I've bought have either been used or demos.
I've not had the first problem with any of them.
IMO, the following manufacturers are the top or at the top of the list for the price breakpoint.
<$400….you're gonna need to get some other opinions b/c my experience starts just a touch higher
$600-$1000…Meopta—old school European made. Say what you want but European glass is still superior to what's being produced in the Pacific Rim.
$1000-1500– my only personal experience was w/ Trijicon. I have to say that I was impressed. They make some fine scope for less than $1000 as well.
>$1500…this is where I've been impressed and also very let down by some very reputable optics companies.
Personally, I would choose the reticle that you like the most and find the company that features it.
I would also scour the internet for demos and used…..because I'm rather specific with my reticle, I own only 3 brands….Swarovski, Leica and Schmidt Bender.
I had brief ownership of a March but sent it back due to the impossible eye box. I really wanted to like that scope but it was a challenge to get comfortable on the rifle and was like I was looking through a peep hole. I can't say all of their models are like that one but compared to my other scopes it was no contest.
Don't be scared off by some retail listing of 4K for those particular brands. First off, they make plenty of models much less expensive. Secondly, if u look hard and are patient you can find a real deal.
I haven't tried out some of the more popular but pricey brands like Tangent & ZCO, but I'm sure they're phenomenal…..my issue is their reticles are no where close to what I like.
I've rambled enough…..but to sum it up, my fav for the brightest, clearest and best edge to edge clarity is the Swaro Z8i.
The best eye box and performance in the glaring sun is the Leica Magnus.
And the best combo of the two and also the most durable build w/ the best turrets would be the Schmidt Bender Exos and/or the Polar.
And I have to shout out to NF, their Atacr is great glass but the sheer weight of the scope was too much.
Good luck shopping and I hope your girl really enjoys herself.