WTB Chekering kit 18LPI

Heik80

I'm just checking to see if anybody has any checkering tools to off load. looking for 18 lines per inch, but open to any.

I have a set of Dembart tools I have not used for years. Includes several cutters, skipline and more. If you are still interested, I will dig them out and give you more info..

I have a set of Dembart tools I have not used for years. Includes several cutters, skipline and more. If you are still interested, I will dig them out and give you more info..
I certainly am interested, sorry haven't logged in for a few days. Do you know how many lines per inch the set you have is?

Mine are very old, but seldom used. Gave up a long time ago. I cannot find the handle, but
Brownells sells Dembart handels for $8. Also, found a two line 18 lpi skip cutter, another 18 lpi, single line cutter and 9 point up files. These are old, but in good shape with little use. If you want all of these, I will sell them for $25 to cover postage.

Also I found two round barrel channel rasps - one small and the other large with handles. Sell both for $25 shipped.

Last edited:
Mine are very old, but seldom used. Gave up a long time ago. I cannot find the handle, but
Brownells sells Dembart handels for $8. Also, found a two line 18 lpi skip cutter, another 18 lpi, single line cutter and 9 point up files. These are old, but in good shape with little use. If you want all of these, I will sell them for $25 to cover postage.

Also I found two round barrel channel rasps - one small and the other large with handles. Sell both for $25 shipped.
Deal, I don't need the barrel channel tools, but thank you. Do you have a PayPal?

Gene I received the tools today. Unfortunately it is disappointing to see that it is only two cutters, not several. There is no skip line, and the cutter teeth are all clogged in corrosion. I guess I ended up with some files.

Gene I received the tools today. Unfortunately it is disappointing to see that it is only two cutters, not several. There is no skip line, and the cutter teeth are all clogged in corrosion. I guess I ended up with some files.
Look aagin - there definitely is a 20 lpi skip line. And the light rust on them can be cleaneds up with a brush. If you want to return them, I will refund your $25 less my $8.50 postage.

I looked twice, there isn't a skip line of any demension there's two single line, and two double line cutters. They're both 18 lpi it appears. My point is your wording was misleading, "several" I thought would be more than two, and there is not a skip line. And corrosion etches metal, you cant just brush it off a intricate blade that small and it's all good. Lesson learned. I'm not going to try to get to the post office I'm headed overseas.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.