• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Bolt action in .223

andy t

Looking for a bolt action in .223 (straight) Remington.
With the following criteria:
1. Prefer Remington 700 family, will consider others.
2. Barrel of around 20-24" max
3. Strongly prefer HS/Bell & Carlson stock or a chassis system.
4. at most 1 in 9 twist.
Please contact me by email.

Thanks.

Remington doesn't come in 9"twist...... I have a T/C Ventura predator in 22/250 22" bbl 12" twist that rifle shoots like a laser . I strongly encourage you to do an internet search for one of those rifles in .223 .

My rem 700 tac is a 1:9 twist and is shooting 3/4 groups at 200 yards with barnes VG 55 grain in my handloads.

Gun is awesome for a factory gun. While mine is not actively for sale, I would consider it for the whole pachage. Sightron SIII scope, 6x2450 with mil dot and TPS rings. Pachage price would be $1700 FOB Eastern NC.

I set this up for coyote hunting, but now am going night vision on my 6x47 so I really dont need it.

Thanks for the offer Sealesniper, but I already have a scope for mine.
The reason for 1 in 9, is that I want to be able to shoot heavy bullets.

Good enough but the varmint grenades love a 1:9 and are a blast to shoot. Good luck with your search.

Remington doesn't come in 9"twist...... I have a T/C Ventura predator in 22/250 22" bbl 12" twist that rifle shoots like a laser . I strongly encourage you to do an internet search for one of those rifles in .223 .

I am 99% sure the Remington 700 Tactical 223, 20" barrel gun is a 1 in 9 twist....

MODEL 700™ SPS™ TACTICAL
OVERVIEW
SPECIFICATIONS
Compare
Full Specs Caliber Average Weight (lbs.) Barrel Length (in.) Overall Length (in.) Twist Status Note Order #
223 Remington 7.5 20" 39 5/8" 9" New 84206

Last edited:
The Remington Tactical series, (SPS, XCR Compact, XCR Long Range) and the VTR all come with the 1 -9" twist in the .223. The VTR has a 22" barrel with a built in muzzle brake. I have one in Digital Desert camo if you are interested.