• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Berger 6.5mm 140gr Hunting VLD

Tucker65

Just like the title says I'm looking for some Berger 6.5mm 140gr Hunting VLD bullets. I got a new Cooper 6.5x284 and am hoping these will shoot good out of it.

John

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully this Cooper will shoot with the Berger's or ELD-X bullets. Going to try loading both on top of some Reloader 26.

John

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully this Cooper will shoot with the Berger's or ELD-X bullets. Going to try loading both on top of some Reloader 26.

John

My Cooper 52, 1:8 twist, shoots the 140 Hunting Berger VLD's and JLK's exceptionally well with consistent sub.5MOA, and superb performance on game to 1000 yards. My best load at 2980FPS with <10FPS ES uses Lapua brass sized to a .292" neck, 58gr Retumbo, Fed 210M, both bullets seated .075" off lands. Retumbo has proven to be very temperature stable.

That's interesting, I contacted Berger about some data and they provided me some for the Reloader 26 but said that Retumbo would be too slow. I might have to try it based on your success.

John

That's interesting, I contacted Berger about some data and they provided me some for the Reloader 26 but said that Retumbo would be too slow. I might have to try it based on your success.

John

I hear that a lot, but I can assure you that it's not too slow. I use it in my 24" and 26" bbl 6.5x284's with no fireballs or other evidence of incomplete burning. Perhaps this is due to the shorter/fatter case. Retumbo fills the case, gives very low ES, and better velicities over the usual selections. It cleans up very quickly. Many believe that the slower burning characteristics of Retumbo promotes longer barrel life due to a better distributed barrel burn. I have used it for about 10 years and find it a superb powder for the 6.5x284.