• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: 6.5 CM hunting riffle

orangehd1

Looking to buy a 6.5 CM no heavier than 7LBS. I'm plan on pulling the trigger on a new Seekins PH2 in a few days but I thought I would see what else is out there. Not a long range hunter, 200 yards would be absolute tops. If the PH2 had a shorter barrel I would have already bought one. Hopefully this gives you a decent idea what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Looking to buy a 6.5 CM no heavier than 7LBS. I'm plan on pulling the trigger on a new Seekins PH2 in a few days but I thought I would see what else is out there. Not a long range hunter, 200 yards would be absolute tops. If the PH2 had a shorter barrel I would have already bought one. Hopefully this gives you a decent idea what I'm looking for.

The PH2s are nice but the barrels are super long. I got rid of my PH2 and have a x-bolt spr now with a 20 inch barrel. You can find them for a little more than the PH2. If not, the x-bolt speed spr 6.5 creedmoor comes in an 18 inch barrel for $1,100. You definitely don't need a 26 inch barrel for 200 yards and in. I would take x-bolt over seekins

Last edited:
The PH2s are nice but the barrels are super long. I got rid of my PH2 and have a x-bolt spr now with a 20 inch barrel. You can find them for a little more than the PH2. If not, the x-bolt speed spr 6.5 creedmoor comes in an 18 inch barrel for $1,100. You definitely don't need a 26 inch barrel for 200 yards and in. I would take x-bolt of seekins
That's what I'm struggling with. I actually have the xbolt Sr in 6.5 and it's great gun. My youngest got that for Christmas this year. Can get a mesa FFT 6.5 shorty in the ballpark also.

That's what I'm struggling with. I actually have the xbolt Sr in 6.5 and it's great gun. My youngest got that for Christmas this year. Can get a mesa FFT 6.5 shorty in the ballpark also.

I bought the x-bolt pro spr with McMillan stock and 20" barrel for $2025 and I don't think there is really anything that can beat it for factory. I did have to change the factory trigger spring out though. You could maybe call Seekins custom shop and order the PH2 in a shorter barrel but I haven't had very good experiences with their customer service and they will probably charge extra, bringing the total costs to the same or more than the X-bolt with McMillan.

Definitely not cheaper than ph2 but I have good deal on an unfired Seekins element in 6.5 creed (5.5#/ 21" barrel I believe) 2300+ Shipping if interested.

I bought the x-bolt pro spr with McMillan stock and 20" barrel for $2025 and I don't think there is really anything that can beat it for factory. I did have to change the factory trigger spring out though. You could maybe call Seekins custom shop and order the PH2 in a shorter barrel but I haven't had very good experiences with their customer service and they will probably charge extra, bringing the total costs to the same or more than the X-bolt with McMillan.
There is a new local . LH McMillan xbolt speed 22"… 42 overall that would fit the bill. How do you like the McMillan?

There is a new local . LH McMillan xbolt speed 22"… 42 overall that would fit the bill. How do you like the McMillan?

The McMillan is my favorite part of the rifle. I can see why alot of people go with that stock on custom builds. It's a little slick compared to the stocks I'm used to but that's not a deal breaker. The x-bolt speed for example has the tacky stock. The McMillan is not tacky at all but overall best stock I have ever used. It fits me perfectly and the palm swell is much better than PH2

The McMillan is my favorite part of the rifle. I can see why alot of people go with that stock on custom builds. It's a little slick compared to the stocks I'm used to but that's not a deal breaker. The x-bolt speed for example has the tacky stock. The McMillan is not tacky at all but overall best stock I have ever used. It fits me perfectly and the palm swell is much better than PH2
Great info.. Thanks! 6.5 lbs, ovix camo, 42 OAL may be the ticket then.