worth a brake

harfman99

I have a question would it be worth putting on a brake? The rifle will weigh about 14 lbs, 31" tube and chambered in 7 ultra pushing 168 burgers as fast as i can safely push. Is there going to be enough gas pressure to make the brake work effectively? I am not worried about recoil but would like to stay on target through the shot.

thanks
Chris

Chris, YES, put a brake on that rig. Even though it's heavy, it will still have a pretty good kick without a brake. Get the brake, you will be happy that you did.

W.

Definitely worth it to put a brake on. I am having one built about like yours and its getting a brake.

The DE will work great. Would you even consider putting something as ugly as a JP on your rifle even if it worked slightly better?

I had a DE 3 port on a 7 RUM with a 30" #7 barrel (14 lb rifle), It kicked very little. Staying on target will not be a problem.

I would go with the DE over the JP just mainly for appearance.

If your barrel is 0.850" or smaller, I would go with the 3 port 0.850" dia DE. If its larger then this, step up to the 4 port which is 1.000" in diameter.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.