*****Wolf hunting..... now legal in Wyoming******

Shut up and do your job !!!

I'm very disappointed and sad.... I'm a hunter and a wildlife, outdoor lover.... The reintroduction of wolf is catastrophic as every outdoorman know !!!! it's a ecologist biologic bomb...

I'm living in two country and in my current country there are only few very rare wolfs... but they invade quickly new territory.... I was aware of "wolf problem" well before problem appear it was always writing if you know a little wildlife.

What is the solution ? people here and in many forum speak a lot and talk like ( language deleted - Keep it clean or don't post on LRH ) STOP TO SPEAK and do what you have to do !!!!!

When I will see my first.... I just do what I have to do...

best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what your native language may be its a truth,wolves are bad for ranchers and hunters and reintroducing them was a a huge mistake.Dont mention the topic over on predator masters,believe it or not a few of the bigwigs over there are prowolf and wont allow members to share their opinion of the reintroduction fiasco.gun)

If you gut shoot them and don't recover them is it really dead?

Here in NJ we protect Bears and home invasions are on the rise. About 4 years ago we had a different head of our Fish and Game commission. On the website he stated that to not cut the numbers with hunting would be negligent due to the risks of human/bear conflicts.

The Antis' went to court and stopped the hunt...the next day that message was removed from the F&G website. It is just a matter of time before somebodies' kid becomes lunch. I hope that when that happens the Father of that kid puts a bullet through a a few politicians and Judges skulls!

edge.

GeeWizz, ya'll sure are stong minded;)

The fact of the matter is that the native wolf to my neck of the woods was a smaller version of the one that was reintroduced. I saw two of them in my outdoor excursions. One was in a place called Long Valley, a few miles east of here.

The other was at the Jackson Hole Wild Life Refuge when the elk were present.

I saw what I saw and I know what I saw.

Now those little fellas are wiped out by the larger new entrants into the ecosystem.

In this country (US) nothing will change with the wolf, oil prices, drilling etc until the most powerful force in the country, or any country for that matter rises up and makes them selves known as a single group. At least where I am all ya gotta do is get a following and vote.

I'm headed for the county Planning and Zoning meeting tomorrow night. Our very conservative county seems to be nudging itself to the left a bit and showing indication of landowner rights suppression.

Who's bickering like toddlers? I see a lot of folks stating facts and giving info but don't see any bickering. Anyone would be a dang fool to host a wolf hunt anywhere giving the anti's more ammo in the press. About 25 or so years ago we had the national prarie dog shoot in sw colorado to help ranchers and maybe bring a couple of dollars to the local community. It did extremely well right off the bat was going to be a screaming success. As it became promoted more and more nationally the anti's picked up on it and had the shoot blasted in every national and international media known. It became the national cry to save the poor little prarie dog all those mean ole hunters were killing. Every major news network showed up the next year to blast every shooter there they could and show this event in the most terrible of ways. The shoot was stopped and major legislation then came forth severely limiting the hunting of prarie dogs. Lesson learned! That was with a prarie dog hunt! Could you imagine this with wolves as touchy a subject as they are!

Please don't anybody try this with wolves!
Just kill the things and shut up.

Posts 18 thru 21 Bickering!
I am not an idiot who suggests hosting a "public" wolf hunt.
Had I read a post on this forum, with the likes of "predator hunting in wyoming, wolfers welcome". I am sure that the greenie out cry would have been minimal. I do admit that facts are great, we all need more. I am trying to learn as much as I can about what is going on in my own state of Montana. Being in the irrigation business, winters are a time for travel. If I had the knowledge of the legal situation with the killing of wolves out of the protected trophy area. I would have hauled my *** to Wyoming and supported some local economy in the effort to legaly harm one of gods noble creatures. In an effort to keep this "Long Range Hunting Forum" compliant I would have done so with a 240gr. .308 SMK

PS. If these sissy law pushers ever open the season in Montana. I post that I will take wolf hunters in Paradise Valley for free, that makes me a host.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts