With the rem 700 no longer being made what your action of choice for your long range rifle ?

Just joking around I can't mail you one because I don't own any. I have all custom actions now. After running Curtis in competition even my tikka didn't feel right. Honestly though compared to our origin actions I think the tikka was smoother. My son started out with a tikka and runs an origin now and he might disagree but I don't like the bolt lift. I have just never had luck with savage.

I agree that custom actions are nicer than a Remington and will hold value. The recent Remington actions made before they were sold were actually pretty decent other than the primary extraction. It's hard to beat them for $380-450 street price. If you just want a budget build and don't care about bolt fluting, side bolt release, 8-40 screws, bolt knobs, and special coatings then the Remington is right for you. If you want to buy a Remington then pay an additional $300-400 to have it upgraded, then you should buy a custom.

I agree that custom actions are nicer than a Remington and will hold value. The recent Remington actions made before they were sold were actually pretty decent other than the primary extraction. It's hard to beat them for $380-450 street price. If you just want a budget build and don't care about bolt fluting, side bolt release, 8-40 screws, bolt knobs, and special coatings then the Remington is right for you. If you want to buy a Remington then pay an additional $300-400 to have it upgraded, then you should buy a custom.
Agreed I started out with an old jeweled bolt VLS that thing was a hammer. Have a newer remmy in a aftermarket stock with a timney trigger. We will see if it ever works into a decent rifle.

At Pierce Engineering we build actions that are considered 700 clones. They come standard though with side bolt releases, pinned recoil lugs, pinned scope bases, M16 extractors, fluted bolts, and made to exacting tolerances. They also can be ordered with multiple variations of bolts handle and bolts knobs and magazine box cuts.
F1BAF59B-EAF7-440D-9959-90794C0B3195.jpeg

At Pierce Engineering we build actions that are considered 700 clones. They come standard though with side bolt releases, pinned recoil lugs, pinned scope bases, M16 extractors, fluted bolts, and made to exacting tolerances. They also can be ordered with multiple variations of bolts handle and bolts knobs and magazine box cuts. View attachment 237809
What would that set me back getting it into Australia. I know they have been imported here before.
If I run out of 700 actions, I will need a new PF platform to build off.
My CRF's are covered with Kimber and Win Model 70's.
Just curious.

Cheers.

I never did have many rem 700 rifles but they were always super smooth untill they made the super cheap sps ones .I don't like savage actions even though I own two of them in 260 rem that are super accurate .The win model 70 is about out too because of cost .There is not much left in the way of factory actions .I am going to the good old ruger tang safety action for my next rifle a custom 260 rem with a ligilia barrel .The Browning a bolt is another choice but you never see anyone build rifles with them .
Take a look at the Marsh action. Its a Rem clone.