Witch Kestrel?

porkchop401

I am looking for a back up method for a shooting solution, in addition to a thinking rangefinder I want a kestrel to feed a ballistic app or possibly a stand alone ballistic calculator with wind speed,station pressure,temp and humidity.
What has served you well and what do you recommend.

I've been using the 4500NV with Bluetooth to do exactly what you are explaining for the last couple years. Even though I have the BT capability I wasnt using that portion. Just getting my DA number and punching it into my calculator.

If you are wanting an Applied Ballistics model to have everything in one unit, I don't think you would be disappointed. Otherwise the Kestrel 3500 model would probably serve you fine.

4500 AB and love it. It does not have Bluetooth. If I wanted to feed info to another device then buy the unit with Bluetooth. This unit will give you the most accurate firing solution available. Plus the high and low wind firing solution. I do not know what the new style number is for this unit. I bet you can find it with the link above.

Well fellas , I have had time to tinker/experiment , with the new sportsman 5700. I have ran 50 or so solutions and compared many to my applied ballistics app in my phone and all calculations were with in a couple 100ths moa of each other . I am very pleased to say the least. the only thing I see will need adjusted to use Idaho is I will have to manually enter a different latitude . So far happy , happy, happy

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.