• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wirehaired Pointing Griffon pups

mk443

For Sale- Wire Haired Griffon pups. Born 5/19/20. Located in Pinedale, Wyoming. 7 females, 2 males. The female (Jewels) is my dog and comes from great bloodlines with full pedigree available. Was trained by master trainer Josh McPherson in Utah and given amazing reviews.
Jewels is a hunting machine and full time family dog, my 4 and 6 yr old girls are her entire world. She lives to hunt pheasants, chukars and grouse (sage,blue and ruffled). She's a pointing machine who locks up all the time on our property at everything from butterfly's to the neighbors cat. Not a barker or chewer/destroyer. Very mellow and laid back dog with a hunt all day drive that is amazing to watch. She goes on scouting trips for elk and deer and lives to camp/fish with the family. I haven't set a trail camera yet without having her lock up on a blue grouse on the way in or out. She gets along with all dogs and people and has never been in a dog fight. Hunts very well with other dogs on multiple occasions.
If the truck or Ranger door is left open, or a window left down, she will be in the vehicle waiting to go. Her coat is longer with a fluffy face and defined beard. She swims and loves water, this year she will primarily be duck hunting weekly as it's one of my main passions and our area is loaded with birds. The trainer recommended I not duck hunt her for a couple seasons to allow her to fully commit to pointing everything before I start shooting decoying birds over her.

The stud is from Utah and belongs to a friend of mine. "Hoyt" is a pure blood Griffon as well with a full pedigree available. He is extremely calm and lives for pheasants, chukars, shed antlers and watching animal planet on the television. Extremely calm dog that I have never even heard bark. He's a shorter legged power house Griffon in comparison to my taller female. His coat is shorter with a well defined beard.
Neither dog has been to a competition or is a field trial dog. These are just born to hunt family dogs. Both are proven hunters with multiple references available that have shot over them. Griffons have become a popular higher end "pet" which is why these pups are only going to hunting family's. These dogs are natural pointers and I don't want that skill going to waste. The happiest I have seen these dogs is when they are bringing a bird back (neither are union pointers, they both actually retrieve to hand), therefore hunting families only. I had a dog before that had the hunt drive and general family qualities that Jewels shows and I had him fixed, and I regretted it daily. I only had this dog bred so that I could have one of her pups to hunt with as she is the best all around dog I've owned. No plans to breed again.

The price is $1500 each with limited breeding rights. If full papers are wanted, we can talk. When the time comes, we can drive to meet people or work our meeting at Salt Lake City/Idaho Falls or Jackson Hole airport. I'll wait to let people pick pups till their colors come in and personalities start to show. These dogs will be exposed to wings, swimming, caged pigeons and gun shots as soon as they are mobile. We are keeping at least one female, possibly two.

Below is the link to the pups on the AKC website with lots of pictures.

Attachments

• 99FFD556-601A-4208-B6D9-1345E90A6F0B.jpeg
    99FFD556-601A-4208-B6D9-1345E90A6F0B.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 32F9F931-4C9A-4F94-B289-2C386A6C36B7.jpeg
    32F9F931-4C9A-4F94-B289-2C386A6C36B7.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 145