Winter pants from Duluth Trading

Litehiker

Don't know where else to post this. Maybe LRH needs a "CLOTHING" forum. Wouldn't hurt.

I found some great pants for hunting in colder temps.

Duluth Trading is selling "Dry-on-the-Fly pants that have 100% 5.6 oz. nylon shells and 200 gram polyester fleece linings. Nylon shells means they will not hold water like cotton. As the saying goes regarding winter clothing, "Cotton kills".

FEATURES:
->double seat and knees
->cargo pocket front zippers (for access when sitting)
->gusseted crotch
->web belt
->ScotchGuard DWR treatment

Eric B.

Got the fleece lined pants today from Duluth Trading., They are nice and very high quality. they cost $89.50 and they have more features than Rail Riders nylon shell, polyester fleece lined pants for $130. I'm d@mn glad I found the DT pants.

BUT... they do not have a gusseted crutch, unlike what they advertised in all their catalogs.I called DT customer service about this and they said they's look into it and get back. I'll keep my pants if they are all like mine but exchange them if they find some with the gusseted crotch.

BTW, these pants come treated with Scotchguard which is about as useless as tits on a boar. You'll need to spray twice them with a good DWR (DurableWater Repellant) like Grangers or Revivex.

Yeah, it's easy to find polyester fleece lined cotton pants but, just like my own fleece lined cotton pants, they get wet and stay wet. These special nylon DT pants are tough, wind proof and will dry quickly.

Eric B.

MEA CULPA!

Sorry guys, I looked at the wrong pair of pants Wednesday. My Duluth Trading fleece lined winter pants DO have a gusset, a big, long gusset.

My error.
Go for these pants B/C I doubt this price will last once DT realizes what they have and compare it to the competition's prices.

Eric B

Haven't tried these pants, but sure as heck love their Firehose Cargo Pants. I work outside (install siding) year round in MN and ND, and wear Duluth pants and thermals all winter long, don't even own a Carhartt bib. But will be ordering a set of these pants. Thanks for the heads up.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.