Winter kill Bighorn Rams

Rancher49

The Cadomin Coal mine site in Alberta is home to the Current World's record Bighorn.
The mine site itself is a sanctuary where there is no hunting. Many of the huge rams
never leave the mine site. This winter many of the old rams died or were killed by
wolves. This photo is of some of the big rams that went to Bighorn heaven this winter.
I am sure that there are readers out there who were lucky enough to purchase one of
the special permits to hunt this area that will be interested in seeing this great photo.

I am a sheep hunter and past guide Bighorn Guide here in Alberta.

Attachments

• Winter kill rams at Cadomin 2013.jpg
    Winter kill rams at Cadomin 2013.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 217
Now we were assured when we got our wolves from Canada, they only ate roots, berries, and the odd mouse or two. We were also told they had no effect on Canadian game populations. LOL. Good picture thank you. Sure a shame some hunter didn't get a chance of a lifetime to pursue them.

Now we were assured when we got our wolves from Canada, they only ate roots, berries, and the odd mouse or two. We were also told they had no effect on Canadian game populations. LOL. Good picture thank you. Sure a shame some hunter didn't get a chance of a lifetime to pursue them.

I always had heard it was just the weak and the old......................I didn't know that ate berries.:rolleyes:

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.