Windham src ar 15

Doc M

I would like all the opinions of the folks that have one of these and if you would recommend one. This will be my first ar and want to make an informed decision, all i have read elsewere it is a great carbine, I just wanted to hear from yall and get your opinions.

Well for the money I think you can do better. I read the tech sheet, it doesn't look to bad. Things I don't like are the 1-9 twist barrel, the FSB is useless. I don't understand marking the barrel 223,556 they are not the same. I like that they test their bolts but why don't they test the barrels to, and M4 feed ramps are a nice addition.

I guess I would pass If it was me I think your better off with something like a Colt 6920
Colt LE 6920 at G and R Tactical

Or a Bravo Company M4 mod zero
BCM 16 M4 MOD 0 Carbine (OUT OF STOCK) at G and R Tactical

Or the LMT M4 as it comes with a better buttstock and an optics compatible rear sight and would be my choice, But I would ask Grant the owner of this site to upgrade my bolt to the full auto verson same cost more metal is all.
LMT 16" Standard M4 Rifle (OUT OF STOCK) at G and R Tactical rear sight

I own two Windam rifles. An Src 15 and the 20" Predator Exterminator. I paid 899.00 for my Src. Far below the suggested price. I love mine. Very accurate for an m4. 5.56/.223 just means it can shoot both. And mine eats anything you want to feed it. The trigger leaves a lot to be desired, but I replaced it with a timney. On both rifles. The fit if the two receivers is very good, an the finish is excellent as well. You will not be disappointed. My.02

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.