Windage adjustable rings for Magnum calibers?

WEATHERBY460

Does anyone sell a good high quality ring picatinny rings that is windage adjustable for magnum calibers. Not the leupold type, or millet. They are not gonna hold up. Us Optics makes a $200 set, but not sure if it will come loose. Thanks

Does anyone sell a good high quality ring picatinny rings that is windage adjustable for magnum calibers. Not the leupold type, or millet. They are not gonna hold up. Us Optics makes a $200 set, but not sure if it will come loose. Thanks

I've used the USO rings on my trg and my accuracy international rifles. They are awesome. Never have had an issue with them loosening. My rifles take some pretty tough abuse.

My goal is to find the mid point clicks on my scope. Then adjust both front and back rings till I get close on paper to where I am aiming. Fine tune with a few clicks.

I feel this will make the scope centered with the rifle bore better and improve long range shooting.

Good plan. You only need to be within +/-16 MOA of true boresight alignment, however. Before investing in an expensive solution, have you confirmed that you have a problem?

BTW, Burris Signature Zee rings allow you to make very small boresight adjustments in windage and/or elevation.

Good plan. You only need to be within +/-16 MOA of true boresight alignment, however. Before investing in an expensive solution, have you confirmed that you have a problem?

BTW, Burris Signature Zee rings allow you to make very small boresight adjustments in windage and/or elevation.

+1! Excellent concept and design from the good folks at Burris ...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Burris Zee rings are good but they can only handle so much recoil.

I have them on one of my .300 Win Mag and my .338 Win Mag for a few years now w/o any problem thus far. How about a pair on each end (space permitting of course) for those higher recoiling rifle than .300 and .338 Win Mags? Just a thought!

The Burris Zee rings are good but they can only handle so much recoil.

I assume you're still talking Signature Zee, rather than Zee. I would definitely check for slipping if I were installing them on a hard-kicking rifle with a heavy scope. They only have 2 ring screws, and they aren't very wide. Still, the rings are made of steel, so the ring screws can be torqued to at least 30 in lbs.

I've used them on a 338 Lapua with no indication of slipping. Come to think of it, I've never had them slip, but I would not be surprised to hear that someone else did.

I have noticed that the polymer inserts can relax a bit during the first few minutes after tightening the ring screws. I always re-tighten to 30 in lbs after waiting 15 min or so.

When you have a boresight alignment problem on a lightweight or magnum rifle, Signature rings are so darn useful that I think they are worth a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts