• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Winchester Staball 6.5

birddog 68

Almost a full pound of this powder available for trade for a good powder or I'll give it for FREE. Face to face only. Located in far west central Pennsylvania. This is not a late April fools joke.

Attachments

• E5703EE7-5FEA-48A7-9C64-518B336BD332.jpeg
    E5703EE7-5FEA-48A7-9C64-518B336BD332.jpeg
    950.8 KB · Views: 22
What cartridge(s) did you try it in? ES was a little high on all of these but the Creedmoor, because I was trying to find max, acceptable for the hunting in my area (woods).

6.5 Creedmoor-140 Berger.

308 Win-200gr Game King, shot well, but actually got to pressure. 215 Berger did the same so need to reduce and try again, but probably not so much.

300 WM-124gr Hammer Hunter showed potential. 152 Hammer Hunter was the hunting load this year. Shot very well.

Great gesture. I like Staball 65 - meters great in powder drops. I use it for 65CM on a Dillon 550 with Dillon Powder Drop. I am also developing loads for 3006 and it seems to give more velocity in some classic hunting cartridges.

Almost a full pound of this powder available for trade for a good powder or I'll give it for FREE. Face to face only. Located in far west central Pennsylvania. This is not a late April fools joke.
I wish I lived closer I'm sure I'd find something to trade for these. I'm sure I got some decent "once fired" bullets laying around somewhere ;)

One member loaded up some 212 ELDX in his 30-06 22" barrel with amazing results. Around 2700 fps!!!

What cartridge(s) did you try it in? ES was a little high on all of these but the Creedmoor, because I was trying to find max, acceptable for the hunting in my area (woods).

6.5 Creedmoor-140 Berger.

308 Win-200gr Game King, shot well, but actually got to pressure. 215 Berger did the same so need to reduce and try again, but probably not so much.

300 WM-124gr Hammer Hunter showed potential. 152 Hammer Hunter was the hunting load this year. Shot very well.
7-08 with 140 ballistic tip

After talking with another member about my load using IMR 4350 I decided to chronograph it and was very disappointed. I picked up the staball and some Ramshot big game. Staball is much better for velocity but big game was way more accurate and more velocity than the IMR 4350.
And my 7-08 identifies as non creedmore. 😁

After talking with another member about my load using IMR 4350 I decided to chronograph it and was very disappointed. I picked up the staball and some Ramshot big game. Staball is much better for velocity but big game was way more accurate and more velocity than the IMR 4350.
And my 7-08 identifies as non creedmore. 😁
Bummer about the loads. I was looking at staball for 7-08, maybe needs magnum primers since it's a ball powder. I just picked up two pounds to test this week.