Winchester Model 70 Short Action question

pock-shot

So I'm building up a 300 WSM from parts I've been assembling from various sources. I've got a question about the extractors and receivers available in the Model 70 short action. Basically, I have a bolt face that's not like the long action push feed models with the integrated extractor....it has a slit in it for an external extractor like my pre-64. However, the receiver itself doesn't have the groove cut in the side near the bolt stop like the pre-64.

Did they produce SHORT ACTION Model 70 receivers with both the integrated push feed bolt style extractor AND a version with a slotted receiver that uses the standard pre-64 receiver that mounts onto the trigger assemble and bolt stop pin?

1706365361791.png

Thanks for the reply, Sable. I've seen this web site before and I'm aware of the bolt face designs. All the pictures above are for long action bolts. The bolt face I have is a more recent model short action. I've attached a picture below. From the photos it would appear the bolt face is a CRPF bolt.

Sometime after I made the post I realized it may have been misleading as I meant to inquire about the ejector and not the 'extractor' as mentioned above. With that in mind I guess I'm half way to getting my question answered...I'd like to try to clarify that question now:

What does the ejector look like on a short action receiver with a CRPF bolt? Is it the same ejector that rides in a full length slot in the receiver like a pre-64 with a control round feed bolt?

Attachments

• IMG_9392.jpg
    IMG_9392.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 35