Winchester extreme weather 270 WSM

Hello. Does anybody have any real experience with this firearm. Are the new Winchesters worth the money for quality And fit. I never had a Winchester I always had RemingtonBut their quality went way down. And I like the floor plate rather than a detachable box magazine.
They will likely be fine as a standard range hunting rifle, but I wouldn't expect to go shooting long range with them. Every factory rifle I owned with hunting weight barrels in deer/elk cartridges usually started to disappoint around 500-600 yards. Now, it you're shots never run up that far you're likely golden. I bought a 270 WSM in a Kimber Montana years ago out of nostalgia and killed a bunch of stuff with it all less than 500 yards. Once the barrel wore out I changed it to a 300 WSM and realized how much better flex wise the 300 is. It's really the sweet spot cartridge out of all the WSMs. I've loaded for 2 of them and they both loved the 190gr Berger VLD Hunting bullet, which provides some serious long range punch.

I have 4 MOD 70's since they came out with the "Classic". The oldest a 30-06 from New Haven in SS is in a H & S Precision stock and it shoots at or better than 1.24 inches at 100 ads. The others are 2 270' and a 243, either from North Carolina or Portugal production and they all three shoot sub MOA and operate flawlessly. When tuned up the triggers are nice enough for hunting. My experience is they are good rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.