Winchester "Coyote" in 300 WSM Opinions please....

41mag

Winchester \"Coyote\" in 300 WSM Opinions please....

Not that I have a real need for one, but tossing it around. What are your overall comments or opinions on this particular rifle as well as the 300 WSM cartridge? The price one of the local adds has it for isn't so bad. Would it be a decent deal for under $450

Please pardon any slow responces on my part, I am basically onr handed at the time and it isn't my strong side I can use.

Thanks,

Re: Winchester \"Coyote\" in 300 WSM Opinions please....

I would say that is a very good price. If I were you though, I would look very hard @ the Savage 12BVSS in a 300 WSM. I'd bet 10 to 1 that it will out shoot the Win.

I would do anything you can to stay away from the coyote... I bought a 22-250 a couple years ago after the very positive experiance I had with my stealth... any way the rifle would not shoot a decent group I tried every combination of realoading components imaginable.. bedded the gun worked the trigger over recrowned the barrel etc but to no avail.. also I know 3 other people that have had similar discouraging results with theirs although they are all 22-250's so maybe it is just a barrel thing they also us some ****** goop for their bedding that seems to just crack out which is why i had the rifle re bedded although they are really nice looking rifle's

Well like I mentioned, it was just more of a maybe thing for me anyway. I will have more of a rifle than I have ever had in a couple of months anyway. I already have several .308 caliber rifles but nothing that will hit that sort of velocity. I was also tossing around one of the Sendero's in a 300 RUM, but the extra 400 pretty much tossed that idea.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I need to save the $$$ anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.