winchester Coyote 300WSM

jacack

Picked one up today,what should I do to it first.I know I am going to drop the trigger down a bit but not sure if I should bed it or not? I am going to use it mostly for just stalk hunting (nothing past 450yrd unless it really shoots) I have a Leup Vari XIII 4.5X14 30mm tube side focus and a Farrel base and Warne HD rings.I guess I am asking if I should bed it or not and maybe a brake.
anyone have one and if so how does it shoot

Jared

definitely bed it. That is the one thing terrible about win rifles. put a little drop of soft bedding compound and they think that is it. Been playing with mine a little in a factory class comp and have not really had time to work a real good load up. Best so far is only 3/4" and 12" at 1000 and I think it can do a little better. My wsms like h4350 so start there.

BH

Jared, Shoot one of the accuracy loads from Sierra's manual with one of the 168gr or heavier MKs and If it don't shoot, then get it bedded, I know the barrel is already floated, so you got that out of the way. You want to use Match bullets for sure when evaluating a rifles accuracy potential. Jay

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.