Win 52B

dgarrett

After a long wait my new to me 52B is on its way...Suppose to be here Monday..Dave
win_52B.jpg

Turn the clock back 60 years and that gun dominated at the small bore matches.
We had several in our family. My younger sister won the national junior girls title in the early 50s using the light barrel version with iorn sights.
Both ours wore Unertl scopes, but the Lyman as pictured was popular also.
Enjoy the gun.

It is quite possible that this rifle was at the same matches you and your family participated in back then. It came from your neck of the woods. I have been on a 22lr kick lately. Adding a BSA Martini Int mark II and the Winchester 52 to my grandkids Inheritance Guns. I want to add and Anschutz and a Remington 37 in the next few years. The grandkids enjoy bench shooting even these heavy bigger rifles that don't come close to fitting them yet..Dave

It is quite possible that this rifle was at the same matches you and your family participated in back then. It came from your neck of the woods. I have been on a 22lr kick lately. Adding a BSA Martini Int mark II and the Winchester 52 to my grandkids Inheritance Guns. I want to add and Anschutz and a Remington 37 in the next few years. The grandkids enjoy bench shooting even these heavy bigger rifles that don't come close to fitting them yet..Dave

The Martinis were not nearly as popular but were used by leftys often. My nephew
still uses one in matches. The Rem 37 although a nice rifle never measured up to the 52 in popularity. As i recall the Anshutz started becoming very popular in the late 50s.
My favorite was the lighter barrel version 52. All would be very nice to own and all
would still be very competetive.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.