Wildcat Bullets Website Update- Also photos needed.

Skinny Shooter

Here is a link to a temporary site for Richard at Wildcat Bullets: www.wildcatbullets.homestead.com
I've got some info on there that will be transferred over to the "real" site at www.wildcatbullets.com as time goes on.
Another member here "B1g_b0re" and I had unknowingly started work on 2 different sites for Wildcat Bullets at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Great minds think alike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) We are now collaborating together and hope to make a great site for Richard.

Please ask any questions or offer any suggestions you may have.
The product listing page will be smoothed out in time.

If you have any photos of game taken with Wildcat Bullets, post them here or email them to me by embedding them into your email. I don't open attachments. Please include details of the hunt, gun, caliber, bullet type, etc.
Thanks,
Allen

Skinny Shooter,

Here are a few pics from the last year using Richards Bullets:

253445.jpg

This is my wifes 80 4/8" pronghorn from last fall. She used one of my Extreme Sporters chambered in 257 STW(pre Allen Mag days!!!).

The load used a 100 gr Bonded Core FBHP loaded to 3950 fps. The shot was right at 200 yards. One shot, bullet was under the offside hide with a chest shot. Not bad figuring how fast it was still traveling on impact.

253452.jpg

This is my 2004 Whitetail. He scored 150" B&C as a 4x4. He is actually a 5x5 but his G-4s are hardly scorable. I used my wifes rifle in 257 STW but used the heavier 130 gr Bonded Core FBHP Wildcat loaded to 3450 fps. The shot was at a bit over 300 yards and I was able to put the bullet in his throat patch at that range as he was right on a property line so I wanted to drop him instantly which is exactly what happened!

278776.jpg

This if the Phantom Fallow that I was able to take at 500 yards in Colorado with one of my Extreme Sporters chambered for my hotrod 257 Allen Mag using Richards monster 156 gr ULD RBBT. Velocity was at a mild 3265 fps. The bullet penetrated over 28" beforecoming to rest under the hide on the right ham from the severe quartering shot.

279063.jpg

This is my father with the first game taken with the 270 Allen Mag. The Ram was taken in heavy cover at 75 yards with the Wildcat 169.5 gr ULD RBBT loaded to 3250 fps. Not exactly long range but a severe test for this bullet at close range and the bullet performed great, 1/2" entrance hole, 1" exit. The ram did not even twitch to the shot, simply folded on the spot.

286435.jpg

286408.jpg

This is the Mouflon ram I took two weeks ago with my 270 Allen Mag chambered in an Extreme Sporter using the 169.5 gr ULD RBBT loaded again to a mild 3250 fps. The initial shot was at 925 yards but a ranging issue resulted in a miss. At 610 yards with the ram facing nearly directly toward me the big 169.5 gr did a great job and stopped the ram within feet of the impact.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby: thanks for the photos. Do you have another copy of the 2nd image? It is very pixelated.

4ked Horn: Oops. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good idea, we were talking about one page per caliber. Will attempt to make them to scale or as close as we can get them.
I went on Corbin's website to find that article. They need to limit some of the animated gif's on there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you find more info on the RBBT, let us know.
Thanks,
Allen

edited to add: I found that article. Pretty simple and well reasoned out approach to boattail design. Link

All I'm showing are 2 "x's" in your post where the email addy was.
We went camping for the holiday and right before that got hit with a trojan viru$ on the 30th. Am dealing with that now. System is running slow among several other things. Pretty smart critter, if I type all the letters in the word viru$, it will hyperlink that word to other pages.

Allen

Sorry skinny. My wife is also my computer expert and she wont let me share that or many other kinds of love with strangers.

hehe

Hi Daveosok, we don't have all of our info yet and thanks for letting us know. We're going to try and make this site as user friendly as possible over time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Allen

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts