Wife's 7mm Sherman Max build thread

codyadams

Ok, managed to get all my ducks in a row and figure out the perfect rifle to start putting together for my wonderful wife. So, the build is going to go like this:

Left hand Manners EH-1 in Molded GAP camo (her pick), 12.5" LOP, two flush cups right side, 10" Area 419 Arca rail

Krieger Rem Varmint contour 20" 7.5 twist 4 groove barrel with spiral fluting

MBM Lil Ti Beast 3 port (will eventually run supressed with YHM resinator)

Left hand Defiance anTI long action

PTG BDL bottom metal

Timney HIT trigger

Leupold Mark 5 HD 3.6-18x44

I ordered the stock through Manners this morning, if they follow suit with my last two Manners, I should get it around early September, just in time to work on it for a week on bedding and then load development, and be ready for deer season middle to end of September and elk season mid October. If it isn't done in time, I have another rifle that she can use as a back up, but this one will be hers, and I want it to be perfect rather than compromising and trying to rush things, and this is exactly how she wants it set up. So now, it is time to start piecing things together for the build!!

Super excited for my Wife, she has worked hard getting through Nursing school and getting her RN license, so this is her graduation gift.

Thanks for following along!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great build! I have a 280 Sherman on a Stiller Predator, EH3, and 24" Prood Sendero Lite. With NF ultralite rings on a Titanium rail and a VX6HD 3-18, it weighs 8 lbs 12oz. You should be able to come in a few ounces less with the 22" tube for sure.

FWIW- I have a VX5HD 3-15 on a similar build in 30-06AI (Defiance, EH1) and like it a lot too. Might give either of those a look...the 5 is a lot more affordable and @warpig602 can set you up either way.

Sounds like a great build! I have a 280 Sherman on a Stiller Predator, EH3, and 24" Prood Sendero Lite. With NF ultralite rings on a Titanium rail and a VX6HD 3-18, it weighs 8 lbs 12oz. You should be able to come in a few ounces less with the 22" tube for sure.

FWIW- I have a VX5HD 3-15 on a similar build in 30-06AI (Defiance, EH1) and like it a lot too. Might give either of those a look...the 5 is a lot more affordable and @warpig602 can set you up either way.
Ran a VX-5HD 3-15 on a .270 Sherman of my cousins I loaded for and have a VX-6HD 3-18 on a 7 mag I'm working on now, both are great. Not sure what we're gonna put on this one, the optic may be where I go a little more weight, possibly a NF NXS.

Th at is awesome of you Cody, taking care of your wife like that. I hope she really likes it 👍
Me too!! All said and done, it will be a nicer rifle than any of mine, and I think it will be a sweet compact long range thumper. And once we get the supressor on it (planning on purchasing sometime this fall, hopefully have before hunting season 2021) I think it will be a sweetheart to shoot with 180 Bergers. My cousins 7 mag with a YHM can is amazing, I can't wait to get my wife behind this one!!

One step closer!! Stock in hand, came out fantastic! With the uncut pillars comes out to just over 2 lbs. Pillars trimmed and bedding added, will likely be 33-34 oz.

Man I love these EH-1's! They are photogenic!! Ha ha

20200619_062552.jpg
20200619_062619.jpg
20200619_062929.jpg

Recent Posts