Wicked Ridge Fury 410

Muddyboots

So shoulder failing fast, back is failing fast. Bowtech Stryker 380 175# xbow I bought in 2012 as backup is really tough to cock with pulley assist. Partly because stirrup too small for Sasquatch size boots. Researched and decided on this crossbow. Interestingly, took my Stryker in to Borkholders Archery for trade. Found out one cam was bad. Never noticed it until they showed and it was so obvious. Dang!

I shot tested the Fury and holy cow Wow.
  1. Easy to cock, I could cock it sitting down with easy crank system. I did not decock it but process was easy enough.
  2. Trigger as advertised, crisp, little travel but not much. Prob 3.5#. I will measure.
  3. Safety was engaged automatically and nice visual of engagement. Hand guard is really good, nice softer material so it feels great over hand.
  4. Took several shots in their 20yd range. Since never shot it, impressed how easy to hit bull every time.
  5. Comes with 3 matched 400 gr arrow's and 3 arrow quiver. Note, the crossbow REQUIRES the use of their Alpha nocks or crossbow warranty is voided. The nocks are much deeper to provide better nock string security for a good reason due to string release velocity.
  6. Cable/string heavy duty and prob good for 200-250 shots min.
  7. Scope is clear and has velocity adjustment for tuning to scope gradients.
  8. Illuminated as well.
  9. Sight in was stupid easy. BTW, I switched out arrows to their XX75 option with 125Rage are 492gr on balance. So additional 92 gr of mass.
  10. Velocity with the std 400gr was 400fps. It was 375fps with the 492gr XX75's! Only 25fps drop with much heavier arrow. Proves better arrow energy transfer efficiency to my thinking.
  11. Sighted in at 20 yds with velocity set at 375fps. Dropped back to 30, 40, 50. All dead on. Impressive.
  12. The crank system worked flawlessly and was zero stress on shoulder and back. I am looking forward to some real field tests!

Last edited:
So shoulder failing fast, back is failing fast. Bowtech Stryker 380 175# xbow I bought in 2012 as backup is really tough to cock with pulley assist. Partly because stirrup too small for Sasquatch size boots. Researched and decided on this crossbow. Interestingly, took my Stryker in to Borkholders Archery for trade. Found out one cam was bad. Never noticed it until they showed and it was so obvious. Dang!

I shot tested the Fury and holy cow Wow.
  1. Easy to cock, I could cock it sitting down with easy crank system. I did not decock it but process was easy enough.
  2. Trigger as advertised, crisp, little travel but not much. Prob 3.5#. I will measure.
  3. Safety was engaged automatically and nice visual of engagement. Hand guard is really good, nice softer material so it feels great over hand.
  4. Took several shots in their 20yd range. Since never shot it, impressed how easy to hit bull every time.
  5. Comes with 3 matched 400 gr arrow's and 3 arrow quiver. Note, the crossbow REQUIRES the use of their Alpha nocks or crossbow warranty is voided. The nocks are much deeper to provide better nick string security for a good reason due to string release velocity.
  6. Cable/string heavy duty and prob good for 200-250 shots min.
  7. Scope is clear and has velocity adjustment for tuning to scope gradients.
  8. Illuminated as well.
  9. Sight in was stupid easy. BTW, I switched out arrows to their XX75 option with 125Rage are 492gr on balance. So additional 92 gr of mass.
  10. Velocity with the std 400gr was 400fps. It was 375fps with the 492gr XX75's! Only 25fps drop with much heavier arrow. Proves better arrow energy transfer efficiency to my thinking.
  11. Sighted in at 20 yds with velocity set at 375fps. Dropped back to 30, 40, 50. All dead on. Impressive.
  12. The crank system worked flawlessly and was zero stress on shoulder and back. I am looking forward to some real field tests!
Do you know if you can put the cocking device on the opposite side for a lefty ? Or do you believe it would not be a issue when shooting ?

Last edited:
Here is photo how crank tucks in under stock. Completely out of the way. The big black thing below stock is part of my xbow case.
IMG_1865.jpeg

So decided to share a conversation I had why I went with heavier arrows. Edited.
===================================

I like heavier arrows period. I proved this out shooting FMJ's out of my old Stryker 380. Significant better penetration. Accuracy has never been issue which I believe is associated with stiffer heavier arrow. I also firmly believe heavier arrow increases mechanical broadhead performance. Mechanicals do reduce penetration but the heavier arrow with built in continuation momentum (kinetic energy) will drive it thru animal with more efficiency. Plus heavier arrow does reduce noise. Also shooting fixed blade becomes realistic. The XX75's are 0.003 straightness which ain't bad. I would shoot FMJ's but cannot get Alpha nocks to fit them. BTW the XX75's weigh same as FMJ's. I have blown thru shoulder blades even with 2" Rage crossbow head. End of day, 375fps with almost 500gr arrow is crazy. I hunt heavy cover where big boys hang and 20-30yd shots are max. But accuracy out to 50 was dead bull. So I like the consistency, kinetic energy, better mechanical head deployment, better penetration, helps with noise, fixed blade heads likely better flight, not much reduction in speed. IMO each their own but in archery I have always shot heavier stiffer arrows.

Hope it works out for you as well as cn be.
I had over $500 in Cabelas points and more than that on my Discover card and I had a Wicked Ridge Invader HP I won at a deer contest back in 2012 I never really used (died hard compound user) till my son wanted to deer hunt with it last year so I zeroed the scope used 400grn bolts with 100grn Wasp Boss SST and OMG!!!!! did that thing absolutely rock. SCARRRRRY accurate. By scarrry accurate I mean putting bolts in the same hole or touching at 40 and 50 yards shot from a bench off my LeadSlead DFT. He got pretty good with it to 40 yards and had several really good bucks come out in a bean field he was hunting but they never got within range and the smaller bucks he passed on. He did take two doe and was very happy. He said he liked it better than using a rifle.

I did a lot of tinkering with the Invader HP this summer and was so impressed with it I decided to get myself a Wicked Ridge. My budget was to stay below $800 and use my Cabela's and DC points to pay for the Xbow and everything else I would need, bolts, case, FBBH's etc.

I researched crossbows to death and the Wicked Ridge Invader 400 just kept on coming up over and over again as the best all around crossbow under $800-$1k
and I was very attracted to the Wicked Ridge Invader 400 and actually got to shoot one my friend has and I absolutely loved it. In my opinion an additional 25-35fps wasn't worth $350-$1k more so I settled on the Invader 400

When my local Cabela's had one for $659 with the AC draw system, I impulse bought it zero hesitation then and there. I was honest and told the Outfitter I believed it's price was mis-marked as the cheaper by $50 price for the model with the AC50. He said as long as I took the tagged display model I could have it at that price.

I bought it because I hunt a lot of public land bean fields with ZERO trees anywhere near the field and I must sit in the brush or CRP and ground hunt and a pop up blind unless very heavily brushed in absolutely spooks large mature bucks in these public land areas and I am not allowed to leave any stands or blinds overnight and my simplest solution I decided was to wear a Ghillie suit sit in the brush and use a crossbow. Also I often hunt very large bean field and have to crawl away to avoid being seen by deer in the fields after dark so taking down a popup blind is just not possible.

I will do a full review of it once I get the time to assemble it and shoot it. If its a s good as my Wicked Ridge Invader HP I will be absolutely happy.

Last edited:
First time out with the Wicked Ridge Fury 410 tonight. Snowstorm! On ground. This was cool hunt. Snowing like crazy. First 5 were bucks. Biggest small 8. Had 2 sparring 30 yds in front of me. Plus 2 others 40 yds behind me sparring. Every deer within 40 yds. Several 20. This doe ran up to me stopped other side of tree from me. Maybe 5yds😱, could hear her breathing from running. Walked across in front of me at 7 yds, no shot. Walked into clear at 12. Away but not doing TX heart shot!😂😱. Turned at 18, and turned her lights out! Ran maybe 50? Tipped over. Just a cool thrilling shot! Saw maybe 15 total! Snowing so hard, I had to continually sweep snow off barrel and cams. So first time, doe tagged. Not bad!
IMG_1983.jpeg
IMG_1984.jpeg
IMG_1986.jpeg

Additional followup on the Fury. I have been using the decocking option and holy cow is that NICE! Easy to use, zero effort to decock, obviously going to be string saver, QUIET! Well thought out option that is so nice to have instead of traditional shoot to unload.

Additional followup on the Fury. I have been using the decocking option and holy cow is that NICE! Easy to use, zero effort to decock, obviously going to be string saver, QUIET! Well thought out option that is so nice to have instead of traditional shoot to unload.
I watched a few videos. It did look pretty slick. But aren't you supposed to decock it into a deer. ?

My only complaint is the cocking system makes a lot of noise when shooting.
Curious, mine is complete quiet. Can you give more info or details? Sounds like something is loose. The string attachment has to be snug into the holding slot or it will make noise. Just twirl the crank knob to tighten it up if that is the source of noise.

Curious, mine is complete quiet. Can you give more info or details? Sounds like something is loose. The string attachment has to be snug into the holding slot or it will make noise. Just twirl the crank knob to tighten it up if that is the source of noise.
It's exactly where the noise is coming from. However, once I snug up the crank knob the carriage comes out of the holding slot.

I just looked up the model, I have an Invader 400, not a Fury 410. Maybe the cocking system holder is not as nice on the lower models.