Why are companies wanting FFL for NY

I am in the same boat. I have a lot invested in my job and everything else. Once I retire I am out of NY.
New York is out to destroy 2nd Amendment supporters like you, if you can't get out now, for God's sake keep your head down. If they find you, they will take your job, keep your retirement, and throw you in jail.

New York has 9 million people living in NYC, most of which are very liberal. That's as many people as there are in the whole state of NJ. Geographically, the vast majority of NYS is conservative but most of "upstate" is somewhat rural and the conservatives just don't have the numbers. The town that I live in is solidly Republican and has been for over 100yrs. But having any impact on statewide elections, despite enormous efforts, is more like a dream.

Y'all pay the price of Liberism living in NY. We have several friends the live in Upper State and they can't stand being forced by the rest of the State. They would love to move, but too much invested in their property and life long family & friends.
A lot of people from the Norther States move to the South to escape the taxes and laws. Only problem is that they still vote Democrat when they get down here.

I've anectodally heard ^^^this about folks moving out from a close friend who live in FL, my gunsmith whose son lives in Boise, and the outfitter I hunted with in Montana this fall. I think it's incumbent upon all of us to remind folks who move to flee liberal policies what Elsa Dutton said in 1883:

'To import the traditions of the place you fled, the place that failed you, is to condemn the place you seek to the same failures'

Truer words have never been spoken/written and people need to be reminded not to fall into this trap. If you choose to move, you assimilate. Not the other way around.

I unfortunately live in PRNY myself for work but looking forward to the day I'm able to leave. I just pray all the good places have not fallen victim to the importations of liberal traditions by the time I get out there.

Well Mile high has bought into the communist regime of NY
What a foolish attempt to malign Mile High.

Mile High is one of the old school precision rifle companies that was showing support for our industry long before it was "cool" to do so. So back off.

They aren't the one writing the anti-gun laws in CA and NY. I wonder how cavalier people would be if it were their business getting attacked by the CA or NY DOJ? So if the laws are written so ambiguously as to absolutely give those states the power to drag a company into court for any reason they like, this will continue. You conservatives still living in those places are obviously unwilling or unable to stop them. Which, doesn't even matter at this point. You've lost.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT...

MOVE!

I will keep shooting, I don't care what it costs or where I have to move. If my state starts doing things like this, I'll fight for a time... but as soon as I see a systemic pattern of liberal hive-mind ideology winning the day for years on end, over several election cycles... I'm GONE. If there's nowhere left to go to, then I guess it's time to go down swinging.

If a large enough percentage of the population of any state or group of states wanted to, they could create entirely new structure. Right now, conservatives are spread out all across the country and a great many are behind enemy lines. If they all moved to strong conservative states, our numbers here would be bolstered, ensuring a continuation of those values.

Some territory in this war on liberalism has been lost. CA and NY are completely lost, and there's not even a debate to be had about it.

Those of you that still live in IL, CA, NY, and other liberal cesspools are quick to blame companies... but you've been behind enemy lines for over 20 years, and you think that's anyone's fault but your own? If you want to hand excuses about how your family is there and your job is there and blah blah blah... then none of this is very important do you anyway. If it was, you'd have moved long ago.
There is not one single state that has started going liberal that has pulled back away from it in the last 40yrs. New York, Illinois, Minnesota, California, etc... and the list keeps growing. Once things start heading that way, they ONLY get worse. So maybe pull your heads out of the sand and realize that reality... and leave. (while you can)
Yes I understand the whole argument of "we need to fight, not leave." Been hearing that argument my entire life. It isn't working... ANYWHERE. CA is worse than it ever has been. So is NY. Whatever fight the residents of those states have been mounting... they've lost consistently for the past 40-50 years.

I'd say that's long enough to try a single tactic. I have a new idea... every single conservative person from those states LEAVES them... all at the same time, and CRATER their economies into the ground... and let it serve as a cautionary tale to the rest of the states trying to do those things.

Maybe I'm wrong about the solution. I don't presume to have any answers to all of this... but I KNOW it isn't Mile High at fault here.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

More often than not a NY and for that matter any Blue State "conservative" is a Red State liberal. I deal with it all the time.

Mile High is one of the old school precision rifle companies that was showing support for our industry long before it was "cool" to do so. So back off.

They aren't the one writing the anti-gun laws in CA and NY. I wonder how cavalier people would be if it were their business getting attacked by the CA or NY DOJ? So if the laws are written so ambiguously as to absolutely give those states the power to drag a company into court for any reason they like, this will continue. You conservatives still living in those places are obviously unwilling or unable to stop them. Which, doesn't even matter at this point. You've lost.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT...

MOVE!

I will keep shooting, I don't care what it costs or where I have to move. If my state starts doing things like this, I'll fight for a time... but as soon as I see a systemic pattern of liberal hive-mind ideology winning the day for years on end, over several election cycles... I'm GONE. If there's nowhere left to go to, then I guess it's time to go down swinging.

If a large enough percentage of the population of any state or group of states wanted to, they could create entirely new structure. Right now, conservatives are spread out all across the country and a great many are behind enemy lines. If they all moved to strong conservative states, our numbers here would be bolstered, ensuring a continuation of those values.

Some territory in this war on liberalism has been lost. CA and NY are completely lost, and there's not even a debate to be had about it.

Those of you that still live in IL, CA, NY, and other liberal cesspools are quick to blame companies... but you've been behind enemy lines for over 20 years, and you think that's anyone's fault but your own? If you want to hand excuses about how your family is there and your job is there and blah blah blah... then none of this is very important do you anyway. If it was, you'd have moved long ago.
There is not one single state that has started going liberal that has pulled back away from it in the last 40yrs. New York, Illinois, Minnesota, California, etc... and the list keeps growing. Once things start heading that way, they ONLY get worse. So maybe pull your heads out of the sand and realize that reality... and leave. (while you can)
Yes I understand the whole argument of "we need to fight, not leave." Been hearing that argument my entire life. It isn't working... ANYWHERE. CA is worse than it ever has been. So is NY. Whatever fight the residents of those states have been mounting... they've lost consistently for the past 40-50 years.

I'd say that's long enough to try a single tactic. I have a new idea... every single conservative person from those states LEAVES them... all at the same time, and CRATER their economies into the ground... and let it serve as a cautionary tale to the rest of the states trying to do those things.

Maybe I'm wrong about the solution. I don't presume to have any answers to all of this... but I KNOW it isn't Mile High at fault here.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Isn't it nice to have such strong opinions of others. Quite frankly, if I had to make a choice of being with my kids and grandkids while enduring the nonsensical laws of NY or moving into your neighborhood and not having a wealth of quality time with my family, you wouldn't have to worry about me moving next door.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT...

MOVE!

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Threatening someone really? Telling someone to back off isn't the right thing, what's the right thing to do is what everyone else has done. Make the state tell you to stop, with threat of legal action.

Isn't it nice to have such strong opinions of others. Quite frankly, if I had to make a choice of being with my kids and grandkids while enduring the nonsensical laws of NY or moving into your neighborhood and not having a wealth of quality time with my family, you wouldn't have to worry about me moving next door.
Great! Sounds like you've made your choice. This has nothing to do with my opinions of others. It has to do with the reality that NO ONE is responsible for the actions of someone else. If you want to live behind enemy lines, that's on you.

The consequences of that choice are not anyone else's responsibility. They are yours alone. The OP doesn't seem to understand this.

Everyone makes their choices, and if they are men... resolves the consequences in their own minds.

Threatening someone really?
That isn't a threat. It's a statement or perhaps a directive. Just because you said I did something, doesn't mean I did. So quit lying.

A threat would have had an "or else" or something behind it.

About thirty years of listening to people whine on the internet about the liberal states they live in... and yet there they still are. So move, or be quiet.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I truly have sympathy for good people living in extremely liberal states. I completely understand the pull of family and careers driving decisions to stay. I hope there will be a day when people wake up and see the demise of cities and states with extreme liberal policies. I'm not holding my breath. My daughter moved to California two years ago. The indoctrination that occurs when living in an area where most people are believing the best way forward is to continue down the path of progressive liberal policies is very concerning. I hope she wakes up and can be cured from the disease of the mind so prevalent there.

About thirty years of listening to people whine on the internet about the liberal states they live in... and yet there they still are. So move, or be quiet.
Have you been officially designated as the LRH posting Police or did you just ordain yourself? Your positive contributions here are often diminished by your persistent snarky responses to members.

The problem with dealing guns and/or components to NY is that the laws are arduous and they change so often that even the residents can't keep track. That, and virtually every law passed in recent times is being challenged at different levels. Judges render a ruling only to have it stayed or overturned.

When I was in NC hunting, my buddies and I stopped at a regional gun store. One of the guys wanted to buy a rifle and was good-to-go right up to the point that he produced his NYS driver's license. The sales guy tells him that, "we don't sell firearms to NY residents". When asked why, he stated that it's just too difficult to keep up with NY regulations and that it wasn't worth the risk of running afoul of their laws.