• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Who's got leads on LRM primers

RunGunShoot

Hello Gents! Can anyone point me in a direction of some LRM primers? I am more likely to see Sasquatch than see these on the shelf in Northern Nevada.

Here's a few, no deals, better than gunbroker but on the steep side. A 1000 large rifle primers last the average guy a long time though. I have seen many LRPs as of late From the usual susoects.

How can they justify the costs? This was less than 10 years ago.

Attachments

• 20230917_101128.jpg
    20230917_101128.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
How can they justify the costs? This was less than 10 years ago.
I doubt you'll ever see those prices again, I think we will be lucky to see 40-50 bucks per 1k ever again. I stocked up back in the shortages around 2013 and still have several thousand priced like that or even lower. I hope I'm wrong though, I would be happy to be inaccurate in thinking like that. Not happening anytime soon though.

Normally when traveling I will do Google search for gun stores and find items. Last time, I found a new box of Lapua 6.5x284 brass for $26. Those local mom and pop gun stores are like a box of candy; you never know what you gonna get.

Last edited:
Cabela's had cases of Federal's in the store for $90 the other day so might be online as well if your not living in Boise'california

I doubt you'll ever see those prices again, I think we will be lucky to see 40-50 bucks per 1k ever again. I stocked up back in the shortages around 2013 and still have several thousand priced like that or even lower. I hope I'm wrong though, I would be happy to be inaccurate in thinking like that. Not happening anytime soon though.
It'll come back down, people just have to stop paying $100/brick. We are already seeing sales on powder and primers so we are seeing the start of this trend

It'll come back down, people just have to stop paying $100/brick. We are already seeing sales on powder and primers so we are seeing the start of this trend
I've seen the sales, primers down to 68.00 plus shipping, locally I've seen them for 89.00 a brick. I know they will come down, all things come down when they start gathering dust, just not sure we're ever gonna see primers for less than 30.00 a brick, I would be very happy to be very wrong on the subject. Large rifle primers are another story, don't know where they are all going unless it's the conflict in Ukraine but they certainly aren't as plentiful as the rest. The year before Covid happened was a good year to buy, components and loaded ammo was priced to sell, hopefully it doesn't take 10 years to get there again.

I've seen the sales, primers down to 68.00 plus shipping, locally I've seen them for 89.00 a brick. I know they will come down, all things come down when they start gathering dust, just not sure we're ever gonna see primers for less than 30.00 a brick, I would be very happy to be very wrong on the subject. Large rifle primers are another story, don't know where they are all going unless it's the conflict in Ukraine but they certainly aren't as plentiful as the rest. The year before Covid happened was a good year to buy, components and loaded ammo was priced to sell, hopefully it doesn't take 10 years to get there again.
Hard to tell and with the political climate the way it is, we may never know until it happens. I see ammo sitting and sales are at a screeching halt compared to the last 3 years so I'm not sure how they aren't pumping out primers for the component market like crazy.

Well...the government paid farmers to destroy crops.....maybe they are paying the ammo manufacturers to NOT produce primers......
With our money of course....
5 year ago that would be a wild conspiracy but now we know it's a likely possibility. So sad.

Well...the government paid farmers to destroy crops.....maybe they are paying the ammo manufacturers to NOT produce primers......
With our money of course....

It's always fun to run amuck with all the rumors and conspiracies available regarding the dishonesty of our Gubment in all the facets of our lives but...

With the conflict in eastern Europe and the arming of nearly every 3 letter agency in the U.S. (including the USPS with 4 letters) resulting in the requirements for 10s of millions of rounds of ammunition, it does not surprise me that we are caught in the middle of supply chain problems. Nowadays it's the U.S. Gubment requirements first and foremost. We the People, are sucking on the hind teat on far too many of the forefronts, primers being just one.

:mad:

Recent Posts