Who makes a stock that isn't ambidextrous? I'd like a nice actual palm swell

Manners makes an extremely nice thumb hole that is left/right specific, and very comfortable. They also make one that is ambidextrous so you will need to specify. I looked at a few and found their quality to be superior in the elite series. Also, for a small deposit and shipping they will send you a few models with return shipping to let you handle em and send em back, so you know exactly what your getting. Lead times can vary.

Manners makes an extremely nice thumb hole that is left/right specific, and very comfortable. They also make one that is ambidextrous so you will need to specify. I looked at a few and found their quality to be superior in the elite series. Also, for a small deposit and shipping they will send you a few models with return shipping to let you handle em and send em back, so you know exactly what your getting. Lead times can vary.
Manners T5A is a verry comfortable stock, It is fiberglass and on the heavier side at 4 pounds from memory. The T5 is only 2.7 pounds.
The thumb hole isn't for everyone, though nobody has complained about mine when they have shot it.
20171227_153034.jpg

I bought an AG Alpine Hunter and it is a work of art. Easily the nicest stock I've ever had. It even smells good (like fake vanilla or something). However, I am left thinking if it had a right hand palm swell instead of the ambi setup how much better it would be.

Anybody make something like the Alpine Hunter or McMillan Game Warden but fully right handed with a nice palm swell?
Since you really like the stock you have, just build a palm swell on to it. Very easy to do and if you can't there are many smiths that can help you out. To get the exact stock layout, Palm Swell, LOP and Cheek Rise is a custom order anyhow, so might as well work with something that is already 96% there.

I'll be another one that say to pick up a grs. They feel great, and there's a rem700 one for sale in the classifieds I think

I bought an AG Alpine Hunter and it is a work of art. Easily the nicest stock I've ever had. It even smells good (like fake vanilla or something). However, I am left thinking if it had a right hand palm swell instead of the ambi setup how much better it would be.

Anybody make something like the Alpine Hunter or McMillan Game Warden but fully right handed with a nice palm swell?
AG actually makes a right handed stock with a nice palm swell. It isn't advertised. It's basically an improved/right handed version of the Alpine Hunter.

It's called an IBEX and you just have to request it and possibly wait a little longer. It's an amazing stock.
IMG_5280.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.