who is shooting the Berger 195 eol in a 7saum/wsm/etc?

Winny94

What powder are you using for this big pill? Which ones did you test? What velocity are you getting? The saum powders seem to be becoming more rare by the day so I need to know where to concentrate my searching power haha

Interested too. I have only just started reloading in the last year, so nothing really to base on or compare to. Have shot about 50 rounds of eol 195 in a 7mm blaser improved, mostly fire forming yet. 69.0g h1000 in 24" c.f. proof 1:8 is 2840-2890fps. Have 1 lb yet, case is not full, may try some retumbo (but dont have much of that either)

I gave up on mine and went to 175 ELite hunter in the SAUM...mine is on a short action so I could not seat out...im getting 2775 out of the 175 (22 in barrel) with a 2.875 OAL and RE 23 very accurate (1/2 MOA). I could not get 195 to the speed I wanted...and or the groups I wanted...

If I had a 7mm Blaser, 28 Nosler, etc...it would be the bullet of choice..the SAUM really shines with the 175 and the 165 game changer...

Last edited:
I have a 28 Nos that Dallas Lane built me his LR version of the 28, and I am shooting N-570 82 grains and getting 3250 fps but it has a slight ejector mark on Nosler brass.. I toned it down to 3150 and it is shooting like a dream.. N-570 is scarce but you get great velocity and accuracy with it.. It isn't dirty like R-33 and doesn't cause the pressure spikes that I got shooting it..

195 is really a good match for the case capacity of the 28 Nosler but you need to stretch the length out a little..

I have a (2) barrels for my 7 Saum and shoot the 184 Hybrid. Very accurate bullet combo with H1000. I am in a XM action so its throated to 3.150" The 180 class bullet is about max IMO with the 7 saum. Here is my confirmation zero at 100 i just shot tonight. 24" proof barrel. There is (3) shots in there.

Attachments

• IMG_3250.PNG
    IMG_3250.PNG
    6.7 MB · Views: 328
I'm rocking 195s in my 28 Nosler. Been shooting that for last couple years. Had a guy try to convince me that rl26 will be the next hot powder for the 195s but the higher velocities made the group open up more than I felt comfortable with. Rl33 was the rebound and at 82.5 grains I'm shoot 3050fps and 1/4 moa all day long. N870 is another that a buddy of mine uses with good success.

Good luck bro!

Hey look up the 7 Sherman max on here Korhil was shooting theses in his 7 Sherman max with great success. It's a 7 SAUM with some extra HP. May be some good data for you.

Between my 7WSM and a couple of others I know of you'll get your best performance out of 140-160 grain bullets. Heavy VLD types
sit so far down into the powder that velocity and pressure signs are affected more than you would expect based on the case capacity. My experience.
It seems to be less of a problem in the long cases.

I was using RL26 out of my 7mm Sherman MAX with the 195 Gr Berger's. Has good case fill but I am using a tikka action and a chamber made to seat the bullets out a ways. Did a seating depth test with it first and was getting sub half MOA at 100 yards with a couple depths. Here is the link to that thread:
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/7mm-sherman-max-complete.226264/

I will finish that load up at some point but had to stop for now to do a load for my kids elk hunt.

I shot RL26 out of my 7SAUM and 7X300WSM with 197 sierra's and had really good luck with them.
I have a lot of them if someone wanted to try the sierra's just hit me up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.