Who else has something to be extra excited for this deer Hunting season

hesse

I have not been this excited for a deer season in a long time though I am always excited for gun season. One of my favorite hunting partners is going to be home to go rifle hunting for the first time in 4 years my son . USMC Sargent first class. He has not been home for hunting in 5 years. Thank your veterans and your active duty personnel for the freedom to be free . Good luck this year

Great news! I haven't hunted with my son in many years, for he moved far away to lower Florida. We rarely see each other due to distance, his job and both our commitments. When he was younger, we had some great times hunting and fishing, but now, he is in his 40's with many professional business duties

While I served in 2 branches with a father who served in WW II and Korea, he never took the mil route.

del2les, with respect I see you reside in Colorado even though you both work in different states you both get vacation right. Maybe he just needs an invite, Or maybe you could FaceTime with your son, that helps especially over long distances you never know till you plant that seed . Thank you & your Father for your Service, respectfully Cheers 😉🥳

del2les, with respect I see you reside in Colorado even though you both work in different states you both get vacation right. Maybe he just needs an invite, Or maybe you could FaceTime with your son, that helps especially over long distances you never know till you plant that seed . Thank you & your Father for your Service, respectfully Cheers 😉🥳
While we do routinely communicate via electronic means, we haven't spent any time hunting in years. Both he and I are CEO's of our respective businesses, and "vacation" has always been sporadic and uncertain at best. Especially when attempting to schedule both of ours together, for as that old expression, "The best laid plans of mice and men." Often, events require sudden and unexpected changes.

Thanks for your input.

Edit: I have to also add the past few years of Covid and all it created, by government, employee responses and shortages, and otherwise, really caused chaos within many businesses. Thus, many leaders had vacations terminated, and many business owners and/or upper leadership also had to respond via working long hours and taking time of, if they could, whenever it was viable.

Last edited:
I have not been this excited for a deer season in a long time though I am always excited for gun season. One of my favorite hunting partners is going to be home to go rifle hunting for the first time in 4 years my son . USMC Sargent first class. He has not been home for hunting in 5 years. Thank your veterans and your active duty personnel for the freedom to be free . Good luck this year
Right on!

Whitetail season here in Saskatchewan also coincides with my birthday. So later this month, for my birthday present, my wife is getting her mom to come help her with the kids and kicking me out! Evicted from my home…replaced by my mother in law…. Best birthday present ever! 🤣

She made sure my dad didn't have plans, so I'm going and spending two nights out at his place in the country. Hunting whitetail by day, drinking coffee and catching up on life with my dad in the evenings. I'm really looking forward to it. This time last year he had a massive heart attack, the kind called a "widow maker" - 95 percent blockage of that major "widow maker" artery. We almost lost him. Hes 73 now. He's doing better now than he has been for years! But it was nonetheless a sobering reminder that, whoever it is you care about in life, you don't have forever with them. He phoned my sister who lives out near his place before she ordered him to hang up and call the ambulance…it was the first time in his life either of us recall him straight up admitting he was in real trouble. She picked up the phone and he just said "I….I don't think I'm okay". He's a tough old wiry grain farmer, the guys in the ambulance even joked with him once they knew they had him stable that they take it extra serious when guys like him call for an ambulance….you know they're actually dying if they've gotten to that point 🤣😅

Normally when I see my dad I have the whole family with me, four young kids, who are all very excited to see "grampa Larry!" As they affectionately call him, and that's great! But him and I don't often get to talk about much in all the chaos and excitement that come with my hoard of children haha.

Last edited:
My wife and I this past weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpeg
    IMG_1055.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 61
We'll, I started out being excited and full of anticipation, but that all ended when I got to the woods. At first, couldn't find my deer stand. Then I did find it…laying on the ground with one strap missing, the other ratchet undone, and one of the legs broke off. So I sat on a log for about an hour and a half, trying to figure out what happened. Then I walked back out to the cornfield where I came in earlier, and about 40 yards off to my right, lay about 15-20 fresh pumpkins all broken up, about 30 yards in front of a permanent deer blind that had been there for a few years. I figured someone didn't want me hunting close to their baiting operation, so they knocked my stand down. Now I can't hunt there anyway cause it's closer than 300 yards from where my stand had been for several years, and I'm not interested in getting busted for hunting around bait. I guess I'm pretty much screwed for bow season.

Well, I started out being excited and full of anticipation, but that all ended when I got to the woods. At first, couldn't find my deer stand. Then I did find it…laying on the ground with one strap missing, the other ratchet undone, and one of the legs broke off. So I sat on a log for about an hour and a half, trying to figure out what happened. Then I walked back out to the cornfield where I came in earlier, and about 40 yards off to my right, lay about 15-20 fresh pumpkins all broken up, about 30 yards in front of a permanent deer blind that had been there for a few years. I figured someone didn't want me hunting close to their baiting operation, so they knocked my stand down. Now I can't hunt there anyway cause it's closer than 300 yards from where my stand had been for several years, and I'm not interested in getting busted for hunting around bait. I guess I'm pretty much screwed for bow season.
That kind of cr-p is why I have just about quit hunting. Sounds like an opportunity to me. IE game camera hidden and filming them hunting over bait or a good old fashioned tip off to the local rabbit sherrif