Which US state has the most pride?

Here in the state east of Pennsylvania and west of Connecticut, each and every one of us is proud of...

Gimme' a minute...

I'm lookin'

I know it's here somewhere...

Nope! that ain't it...

What's in here...

I saw it the other day and it was ....

Sorry, I'm gonna' have to get back to ya' on that.

what's in that box?

As far as the nation knows, they'd think Texas. And they'd think right. The Lone Star State. We put our flag on everything; beer cans, trash cans, flower fields you name it. The rest of the nation knows what our flag looks like. Sad to say that I think I only know what about three or four other state's flags look like. Western movies. Real cowboys, rodeos, barbeque, etc.

However my personal answer will differ...

This maybe because I live right next to Louisiana, but I have to tip my hat to them for their state pride. They get straight up ruthless when it comes to their sports teams. Like nothing I've ever seen. And have you ever been to New Orleans or Baton Rouge or Lafayette? They cram their culture down your throat in every possible corner of the spectrum. Zydeco music, LSU, crawfish, mardi gras, the New Orleans Saints, the fleur de lis, gumbo, and the list goes on. I like all of that stuff, but jeez they never give it a break. I have friends and family that live in Louisiana and I'm honestly not trying to sound like a jerk here, but when I receive gifts and/or cards from them it always has something to do with the Cajun culture. Like a constant reminder "look where I'm from"

Those Louisianans have lots of pride. LOTS.

As far as the nation knows, they'd think Texas. And they'd think right. The Lone Star State. We put our flag on everything; beer cans, trash cans, flower fields you name it. The rest of the nation knows what our flag looks like. Sad to say that I think I only know what about three or four other state's flags look like. Western movies. Real cowboys, rodeos, barbeque, etc.

TEXAS!

Shucks, during World War 2, when Army Rangers captured a bunch of Germans, the Germans could NOT understand that it wasn't the Texas Rangers who had captured them!

And don't forget Santa Ana trying to sneak out of Texas in a private's uniform, after being soundly defeated at San Jacinto on April 21, 1836. (Battle of San Jacinto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Forevermore known as a coward to all real Texicans, Texians, and Texans.

Yep, I live in New Mexico, but I grew up in South Texas and I shall always be a Texan.

I am not from Texas, but when we go there to visit our daughter, everything we see is branded with the Lone Star.
I have to say it's Texas.

I have to vote Wyoming! We are the least populated state and for a good reason! We know how good we have it and we don't need a bunch of idiots moving in and trying to ruin it. Please come visit and then go home!

I have to agree, I love this place... not to mention we live in the best part of wyoming, the Big Horn Basin! and we are a short drive up to beautiful montana too so I think we have the best of both worlds we can easily enjoy both states but at the end of the day we come home to wide open spaces of home

I would have to say Montana, Wyoming and Texas are the top 3. I live in New Mexico but that is only because of my work. The only nice thing about this state are elk and oryx.

Other than that, I have as much pride in this state as I do in the phlegm that you cough up in the morning when you have a cold. The state is way too off its rocker for me.

Well, I did read the first post from the OP and also looked at the link and the poll results. Montana is first with 77% and Texas is only 11% behind with 68%. That said I have spent much time in the great state of Texas and love it. But I find Montana far superior and stand by my first post.

See there!!! Hows that for Pride in MY MONTANA!!!! :D

Jeff

Not so fast there, Montana might be in first place but not by itself. It shares that number one spot with Alaska.

Gus

Well, looks like y'all have the west covered pretty well....lol

I've been fortunate and have traveled and have been to all the lower 48 states and love them all in there own little unique ways and that is what makes them part of America.

I have family in many of them Including Texas that is just to darn hot for me and FLAT...lol

I Love the Rockies, love the Smokey and the Appalachian Mountains, I love the change of seasons in my home state that doesn't get much love in anything except of being last or near it in about everything. But the Wild and Wonderful moto that it has is for a reason and West Virginia will always be my Pride.

From the Mountains to the Valleys, and the rivers and streams that flow through it even in the direction it's not suppose to. To the people saying howdy or just waving at you as you drive by like they have known you for years makes it something special.....

Folks still goes to church on Sunday, and, even Wednesday night..Play music on the front porch and no, Ned Beatty isn't paddling as fast he can in most cases when the Banjos are playing!!:)

Huntin Whitetail Deer, Chubby Groundhogs, Walker Dog Coon Hound Hunts, Some of the best Turkey in the land, Big Black bears, Wild Boar, And coming soon to a wooded area near you some big Bull Elk!....Can't wait for that!....

West Virginia, Open Carry, Conceal Carry State
"Everyday is a great day to be a Mountaineer"!
"Montani Semper Liberi", ("Mountaineers are Always Free")

Last edited:
I have family in many of them Including Texas that is just to darn hot for me and FLAT...lol

Davis-Mountains_Opti_1074_5.jpg

467_34-1.jpg

132927.jpg

LOL!

Well, you got me there, but as big as Texas is you would figure there would be a Lump or two in it....lol...

Like WV is Known as the Mountain State, I can find you few flat Spots in it.......LOL

They always said if they could flatten WV it would be the size of Texas....Probably not, but with the coal in it and we aren't allowed to use it anymore per say, we will have folks leveling it out trying to get to the diamonds some day so, maybe we will find out, someday....lol

I found you one picture of flat lands in WV, best I could that wasn't river bottom...Insurance and all!....LOL

Attachments

• GoldRushatMountaineerField.jpg
    GoldRushatMountaineerField.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 13
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.