Which three must have calibers.

Which three must have calibers based on current bullet selection, not necessarily cartridges. For medium to large game if you only had three choices. List in order from most important to least important as if you would have to narrow down to only owning the first listed.

Sorry for the edit, but say up to elk for large game.
Which three must have calibers based on current bullet selection, not necessarily cartridges. For medium to large game if you only had three choices. List in order from most important to least important as if you would have to narrow down to only owning the first listed.

6.5 creed
7mm rem mag
375 H&H or Ruger

270/7mm magnum
30-06

My go to rifle is my 338 Win Mag left hand Browning A bolt. We hunt elk in Northern Utah, leaving to do that shortly

Well it was Easy for me !
300 Rum .150 gr. Whitetails .200 to 230 gr Muley Deer

338 Rum ..300 gr.bergers eh Elk , Moose

375 Rum .350 gr ..Bears , Big Bears Buffalo ect.

Rum Man

Being in the UK and shooting in Europe, I also have to consider the remaining countries who ban current or past military calibres. So:

25-06 My fav calibre. Suitable for smaller deer species.
7x64 Benneke. Larger deer (red, sika, fallow) and boar.
300WM. Because every collection needs an 'if all else fails' goto rifle.

300 norma 264 win mag 243 win

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.