Which Scope Rings?

samson

I am going to purchase a Sightron SIII 6x24x50 and would like to know what rings and height you guys and/or gals recommend? I currently have a 1 inch scope with Burris Zee rings which work fine. I didnt know if upgrading to NF or IOR rings would benefit? The rifle is a 300 WM. on a Mod 70 action. Thanks

Of course the NF rings are going to be stronger but they also cost alot more. I think ours run right around $150.00. If you are wanting a ring that is a little stronger but not quite as bulky and expensive as the NF or Mk4 rings you could go with a leupold PRW ring. they are a extremely strong ring and they run around $45.00.

I just noticed that you said you had a 1" burris ring set, NF doesnt make a 1" ring. if you are wanting to upgrade in strength then you are stuck mostly to the Mk4 ring or PRW.

have a good un
steve

I use a lot of Nightforce and Badger rings myself, they are very good. I also use the Leupold MK4, PRW, and QRW rings. The PRW and the QRW are nice rings but not as nice as the MK4 rings. I have had issues with the QRW holding zero on my 7-08 do to the quick release being bumped but for the most part they do the job, I just have to make sure they are tight be for I go out (I use the QRW on the 7-08 because I also use the iron sights).

In short I would most likely recommend the MK4 rings for a lower cost but very effective.

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts