Which Scope Mounts?

mark300

MR. King, In one of your threads you stated you rebarrelled a Sako TRG-S with a Hart 30" Barrell,
what scope and mount system did you use, I want to rebarrell mine with a heavy barrell and I think I'll have a problem with my current mounts and scope(Leupold 6.5x20x50mm 1" tube) clearing the barrell.

That rifle is now owned by Matt who posts on this site. The scope was a Leupold 30mm tube 50mm objective European model (similar to the 30mm Long Range version now being offered but without side focus). The mounting system was standard Sako for the TRG-S if I recall correctly. The barrel was not an extremely heavy version.

That rifle is a real fine shooter, just over an inch at 300 yards was very common for that rifle.

Dave,

Do you know if anyone makes a custom stock for the TRG-S? As you know, the problem with finding one is the intragel (sp?) recoil lug and trigger guard. Any suggestions?

Jim

I couldn't find one when I had the TRG-S. I called McMillan and several other and always got a dead-end.

I've heard rumors that they're available but have no first hand knowledge of this.

I prefer a heavy barrel and the barrel on the TRG-S I had was made to about the max the factory stock would allow.

338Lapua,

I was just thinking about that same question. I would like to get another stock for the Trg-s too.

Mark300,

The muzzle on the rifle you were asking about measures .790 . I have not problems with the scope clearing. Yes, Dave you are correct it uses the stardard Sako/trg-s mounting system. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.