which remington 700 to choose?

baranx4

Initially I was looking at a rem 700 in 300 rum with a bull barrel and b and c m40 stock. Haven't been able to find one without the price really being inflated over what I was quoted local.
Now I am thinking about a sendero in 300 rum. Is the sendero really that much more accurate.
I saw one done by gunwerks where they just beded the front lug and it really shot. Looking for on hand experience.

Thanks

Rich

Initially I was looking at a rem 700 in 300 rum with a bull barrel and b and c m40 stock. Haven't been able to find one without the price really being inflated over what I was quoted local.
Now I am thinking about a sendero in 300 rum. Is the sendero really that much more accurate.
I saw one done by gunwerks where they just beded the front lug and it really shot. Looking for on hand experience.

Thanks

Rich

the senderos, longrange, and 5R are all great base rifles and are typically accurate out of the box. The ones that do have issues...are usually fixed with bedding the recoil lug. There are people on here who will buy these rifles...shoot the hell out of them and then when the barrel is shot out, they rebarrel with possible trueing of the action..etc... and now have an amazing shooter.

It depends on what you want to accomplish.

My buddy keeps telling me to stop waiting for the rem and get a savage lrh in 338 lapua or get the 110 series. I like the ability to easily have work done on the rem locally. Not many savage people out there. Yes they are easy to work on.

My buddy keeps telling me to stop waiting for the rem and get a savage lrh in 338 lapua or get the 110 series. I like the ability to easily have work done on the rem locally. Not many savage people out there. Yes they are easy to work on.

Have you been to the Savage Shooters site? Some members there are also members of LRH, I included.

My Sendero (7mm Rem) was a tack driver out of the box. It's the second generation HSP stock. I skim bedded it with Devcon and lightened the trigger and am more than happy with it. When the barrel went south I replaced it with a #6 heavy varmint - match grade and it shoots the same as the original. I would recommend getting one in a hart beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.