Which one?

There are few if any 3 1/2" loads that will out pattern a balanced 3" load, plus the 3" is cheaper and easier on the shoulder.

Franchi Affinity 3, made right along side the Benelli in Italy. Patterns better and easier to clean because everything comes out the front of the action. There is nothing in the buttstock except for the drop and cast bolt, so it only has to be removed once to fit the shotgun to you.
I have the 12G 28" Franchi Affinity 3.5" that I purchased in 2019, and I am very pleased with it.

plan to spend $1000-1500 and buy whichever one fits you the best. Look at barrel lengths and get the right length for the hunting you plan to do.

I have Remington, Benelli, beretta and Browning, and I love them all. Remington 11-87 is my rifled slug gun. Benelli SBE is my upland gun. Beretta A 400 and A391 are my trap and duck guns and the Browning gold is my turkey gun. My Perazzi is my trap gun and sometimes dove gun, but most of the time my Browning 725 in .410 is my go to for dove.

With any of the above you really can't go wrong.

I like my gas guns over intertia. Most have mentioned benefits of both. I've seen many small issues with intertia guns over the years. Whether it be not cycling correctly or small parts malfunctioning/breaking. Not to say its not possible with gas but in my experience, if I keep my browning "semi" clean, the thing just keeps on banging.

I'd say go handle most, if not all the big names and go from there. Brownings always fit me.

I've been shouldering different guns and so far the best feeling seem to be the Super Black Eagle 3 and the Maxus 2 Wicked Wing. I've found both in 3.5" for the same price. Should I look for a 3" gun or is a 3.5" fine to always run 2-3/4" and 3" out of?
If you like the feel of the SBE but don't have a need for 3 1/2" shoulder their M2 and Montefeltro

I think you are on the right track. B guns (browning, beretta, benelli) for the most part with the addition of franchi's inertia. You will literally get what you pay for in those brand's models. If you do more upland than waterfowl I would get inertia due to the lighter weight walking. If you do more waterfowl than upland I would get gas as there is less walking, the weight helps with the swing and heavy coats and cold weather can have some affect on inertia with lighter loads. Get what feels best to you and all should be adjustable, which you need to use to fit them to you. Few will fit perfectly out of the box.

Considering what you would like to do with this magic shotgun only 1 meets all your requirements.
Benelli model 10802 ultra light 12ga. it has 26 inch barrel, shoots 3 inch shells, has crio tubes, weighs 6.1 lbs and can be had for about 1500 bucks. I have one of these and I use it for my snow goose gun. It would work well for upland birds but I prefer O/U or SXS for that task.