Which One

righttoown

I'm looking to buy a scope for some varmint and target shooting and was looking at either the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 or the Leupold 6.5-20x40. I know I can get the Zeiss for $599 and the Leupold for around $670. I also like Sightron SII Big Sky 6.5-20x50 around $650. Any suggestions appreciate.

I'm looking to buy a scope for some varmint and target shooting and was looking at either the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 or the Leupold 6.5-20x40. I know I can get the Zeiss for $599 and the Leupold for around $670. I also like Sightron SII Big Sky 6.5-20x50 around $650. Any suggestions appreciate.

The glass in the Zeiss is really good and for the price you say that's a good deal. The only thing that bugs me is the scope only has 48moa of elevation adjustment. If you put a 20moa rail on it you still have about 44moa of dial up that will get you out there a long way depending on the cartridge.

If you use a straight ring set up you will have basically 24moa which probably wont get you near 1000yds.

Shoot straight

Bob

Check this scope out:

Vortex - Camera Land NY

They have an open box unit for $499.99. For the month of January....you type in "Moving Sale" and they'll give you an additional 10% off. I purchased an open box scope in the next line up...the PST ( only difference is the PST has illumination ). It has 65 moa of adjustment and a zero stop.

Wayne

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I ended up going with the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 AO MC from Camera Land for $599. For the amount of money I had to spend I thought this was the best deal.

While I might have chosen differently, I think you made a good choice. I've only recently been introduced to the Vortex and I'd sure like to try one of my own. But then, I already own a Zeiss 6.5-20 that I like very much so that'd be an easy decision to make from my perspective. Enjoy that new scope. :)

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I ended up going with the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 AO MC from Camera Land for $599. For the amount of money I had to spend I thought this was the best deal.

That is a good deal on that scope IMO. They were selling the discontinued model for approx 800.00 not long ago. Let me know what you think of the AO. I don't know how it works if they still have side focus or what.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Check this scope out:

Vortex - Camera Land NY

They have an open box unit for $499.99. For the month of January....you type in "Moving Sale" and they'll give you an additional 10% off. I purchased an open box scope in the next line up...the PST ( only difference is the PST has illumination ). It has 65 moa of adjustment and a zero stop.

Wayne

where do you type in moving sale?

call there and ask for doug. tell him what you have to spend and ask his advice. Hes pretty knowlegable

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.