Which Night Force Reticle

edenfies

Just curious as to what you guys think the best night force reticle is for long range hunting? Please respond with personal preferences. Thanks for the input.

for pure hunting i kinda like the NP-1RR cause it is a little more simple. the one we sell the most for hunting is a toss up between the NP-R1 and R2. the R1 may be a little busy for some people and those people tend to like the R2 a little better. The R1 is the most precise and offers the most exacting hold over ability.

we also sell alot of the NP-2DD reticles for varmint hunting and 1000yd shooting

have a good un
steve

I personally like the NP-R1, because of the 1MOA graduations. It doesn't seem busy to me at all. I've shot very accurately out to 1500yds without touching my elevation turret.

AJ

I like my NPR1.
Guns865.jpg

The NP-R1 (1MOA) would be my choice for NF reticles, but once the FFP comes out my choice would be the ART reticle (Holland's).

Holland's reticle that will be available in NF's FFP 5-22 NXS and is currently available in the Leupold Mark FFP 6.5-20
Not a great pic, but gives you an idea. Having the MOA internally listed (every 3 MOA) helps avoid a lot of confusion in the field when you have a busy reticle.
My hunting buddy, Steve hugel (sscoyote) made cold bore shot with my 7mm Dakota XP-100 using the ART system on a rock at 1037 yards last week and hit left about 5" with the elev being spot on. I missed the wind by about 1 MOA on my call, but we were still happy about the shot

IMG_2973.jpg

I like the MIL System so I use the MLR but the NPR1 is a great reticle also. They really both do the same job just one is in MOA and the other is MIL.

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts