Which Kit for First Time Reloader?

The challenger is a slim aluminum press, works ok. A little springy with really big cases, th4e old ones had toggle links that broke.

The Classic Cast was made to be capable of reloading 50BMG and is made from cast iron in the USA(as are all Lee products). Very heavy Duty. Not much more money.

Classic is cast metal, no flex at all when sizing magnums, larger opening for magnum caliders, and linkage is much better. Challenger is pot metal and flexes when sizing magnums and even 06 size cases.

I just got into reloading and I pieced mine together. Bought RCBS single stage press. RCBS dies. frankford arsenal digital scale. dial calipers. hornady debur and chamfer tool. lee primer pocket cleaner. lee case charging rig( cant remember the name). Lee quick prime hand prime tool. Lyman trimmer. I spent about 1000 bucks by the time it was all said and done. with powder bullets and brass added in there. Extremely pleased with my setup. some of the stuff i have is not neccessary but makes it alot easier. I've found with ramshot powders that with my lee case chargin unit is extremely precise. adjust it and let her fly. i still weigh each case and charge but never have to adjust.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.